Tonight I cooked..........

Personally I would have gone with mash not chips and I believe the British public fully supports this policy.
THIS POST HAS BEEN AUDITED AND ASSESSED BY THE OBERSTURMTELLERFÜHRER, AND BEEN FOUND TO BE NON-COMPLIANT WITH THE REQUISITE AMOUNT OF TESTOSTERONE FOR THIS THREAD.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm a softy southerner now resident in Yorkshire (thus increasing the average IQ of the county by 23 points. Had I moved slightly west of Leeds I would have upped the local IQ by 78 points - you know who you are).

Following the lead of my fellow countyman @jarrod248 I started doing roast spuds with casseroles a few years ago. Great combination, for which I thanked him.

It never really dawned on me before as it seemed slightly perverse. It's not.

Thinking about it I have been doing it for years really as I quite like dunking chips (linear roast potatoes) in steak pies, but never really thought of it that way.

K's short rib'n'chips look lush.

Last edited:
Personally I would have gone with mash not chips and I believe the British public fully supports this policy.
You don't want chips and gravy because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that hot plate, you need me on that hot plate. We use words like jus, drizzle, infuse. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a spatula, and step up to the hob. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Donny

ADC
I'm a softy southerner now resident in Yorkshire (thus increasing the average IQ of the county by 23 points. Had I moved slightly west of Leeds I would have upped the local IQ by 78 points - you know who you are).
Funnily enough I heard your departure from the south led to an increase in the average IQ down here as well.. ;)

Funnily enough I heard your departure from the south led to an increase in the average IQ down here as well.. ;)
I'll set 'em up, you knock 'em down.

@AlienFTM - do you remember we used this IQ thing all the time when people transferred to Computing from Consultancy. And vice versa.

Could you please let me know where from so I can take a look?
Here mate:

Edit..I had no idea mrs had ordered it for ME.

Was greeted by a plastic pouch of soggy and "this is for you!"

I have not tried this yet but im on rest days now so will probably in next few days. The comments section on the reviews bitn appears quite conglatulatory of the product.

I wonder whether I can feck it up....

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'll set 'em up, you knock 'em down.

@AlienFTM - do you remember we used this IQ thing all the time when people transferred to Computing from Consultancy. And vice versa.
Can't say I do. Does that mean my high 130s IQ counted for nought? Besides. All I did in Computing was consultancy. How does that work?

We didn't win two world wars to have our mash trodden under the jackboot of chip Nazis, it is the god given right of every Englishman to choose his own potato based comestibles, so bring your chips down south and see what happens , good old cor blimey pie and mash is being stockpiled as we speak , as soon as you get past Watford we will unleash hell.