Tonight I cooked..........

Is there some kind of clue you can give us as to what those burnt lumps are ?
Those burnt lumps as you kindly christened them were actually breaded chicken fillets
With mushrooms beans chips and ?

I don’t always get it right, I don’t pretend to be a good cook. I do know how to shred bread for making breadcrumbs plus a egg to make chicken a wee bit crunchier

Toms on toast for breakfast. Lots of black pepper

20200801_091944_resized.jpg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
A vegetable and chicken curry everything from the garden except the cauliflower.
And chicken.
CE3249FA-8E84-4DD7-8743-4ACCA92F948F.jpeg

Is there some kind of clue you can give us as to what those burnt lumps are ?
The nastier looking ones appear to be sweet potato chips. Horrible things. Far better ways to cook sweet potato.

Suppose I should post failures as well as successes! Vietnamese pork, prawn & vegetable steamed rolls with hot, salt, sweet, sour sauce. Wonder if my wrappers a bit thin or if I’d over-soaked them. Often double-wrap with this kind of thing!

Even forgot photo in steamer! Still, they’re very tasty & I’m glad I made them...

A27B19A1-3C8A-4227-93FA-52F9350B44CF.jpeg
710B8F1A-5847-466B-9FAB-2F39726AD39B.jpeg
5AA99A14-AF61-4D10-8B30-3A7C1A5E08A4.jpeg
012DA1D9-7FC1-4644-9652-FC57B2CDDB8E.jpeg
651F21EA-9BC2-49D6-BBD6-75C9036FC462.jpeg
08003113-04BF-498A-A711-4541319203F4.jpeg
E6C43F9E-215B-4C6A-9A0D-471847B9838C.jpeg

Attachments

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Looks like something fished out of the drains in Mumbai.
Now how do you know about the drains n Mumbai?
I’m sure it tasted lovely, not sure about Capt Plumes though.;)

gorillaguts981

War Hero
Fry 'em. There was a Vietnamese lady selling lumpias in the Albert Cuyp Straat market in Amsterdam that had paper thin wrappers and held together for the brief moment they transited between the pan and my gullet. I'm sure their structural integrity was more than adequate but too good to do a bend test.

Suppose I should post failures as well as successes! Vietnamese pork, prawn & vegetable steamed rolls with hot, salt, sweet, sour sauce. Wonder if my wrappers a bit thin or if I’d over-soaked them. Often double-wrap with this kind of thing!

Even forgot photo in steamer! Still, they’re very tasty & I’m glad I made them...

View attachment 493867View attachment 493864View attachment 493865View attachment 493866View attachment 493868View attachment 493869View attachment 493870
I'll bet they were delicious, judging by the work put into making them. By "work" I am including the recipe research that must be needed to make dishes like this, ace photography too.

Turkey and cheese melt
20200801_210613_resized.jpg

Fry 'em. There was a Vietnamese lady selling lumpias in the Albert Cuyp Straat market in Amsterdam that had paper thin wrappers and held together for the brief moment they transited between the pan and my gullet. I'm sure their structural integrity was more than adequate but too good to do a bend test.
Recipe did mention they could be deep fried, but the idea was something lighter. Don’t like lots of fat smell round house either!

Now how do you know about the drains n Mumbai?
I’m sure it tasted lovely, not sure about Capt Plumes though.;)
Was going to say just as well I didn’t ask yer man round to dinner!

I'll bet they were delicious, judging by the work put into making them. By "work" I am including the recipe research that must be needed to make dishes like this, ace photography too.
Recipe was in last week’s Torygraph Saturday pages. I’m a big fan of gyoza & the like so thought I’d give these a whirl. Must admit I’ve never ground dried mushrooms before! Photos just off phone, but thanks for kind words.

Kirkz

LE
Recipe did mention they could be deep fried, but the idea was something lighter. Don’t like lots of fat smell round house either!
Are you a female?

Kirkz

LE
Anyone that steams a spring roll is without question a friend of Dorothy.
You seem to have an obession with gays, is there something you'd like to share with us?

Kirkz

LE
You just want me to lead the way so you can announce that you " bake a light sponge "
You are gayer than a gay thing on a gay night at the blue osyster bar.

Latest Threads