Tonight I cooked..........

I’m on a bit of a health kick at the moment. Whole wheat spaghetti, home made tomato sauce (fresh tomatoes), tinned sardines. Very tasty. And Mrs Jorrocks likes it too.
0A42C7B5-0232-4231-9514-3C0CB70A270B.jpeg

Half an onion finely diced. Two cloves of garlic finely chopped. Three ripe tomatoes skinned and chopped. Teaspoon of tomato purée, some basil (I used dried).

Soften the onion in olive oil then add the garlic for another couple of minutes. Add the tomato, basil and tomato purée. Salt and pepper.

Add some water to bulk it out a bit and let that reduce. Simmer for about 15 mins.

You can be a bit more fancy and base it with celery and carrot and add some white wine but this was very nice.

Apologies to all you Egons for the thread drift but here goes anyway.

Just a quick point that this clown’s post regarding cancer was not a wind-up. It was attention seeking. Plain and simple
It was just ask around precious.

It was just ask around precious.
Unless there’s a picture or recipe for a meal with Browness please don’t distract the thread from all things foods or shades of brown

Technically Guiness isn’t brown unless you look at it with impaired vision( whisky helps)

5E8B3360-46F2-4E33-A45E-90D809D433C0.jpeg

Apologies it’s been a dreich day

Unless there’s a picture or recipe for a meal with Browness please don’t distract the thread from all things foods or shades of brown

Technically Guiness isn’t brown unless you look at it with impaired vision( whisky helps)

View attachment 493447

That’s a good pint of black stuff. You can keep your whiskey

Bolognese type thing. For once I didn't chuck in chillies or curry powder, it was an interesting change.

pasta1.jpg

Chopped veg (lots of).

pasta2.jpg

Cooked veg, mushrooms, beef and tomato passata. Not brown but close enough.

pasta3.jpg

Finished with another 2 or 3 portions left over. I feel like a nap now.

Steak frites, creamed spinach, pepper sauce
20200730_185722_resized.jpg

Half an onion finely diced. Two cloves of garlic finely chopped. Three ripe tomatoes skinned and chopped. Teaspoon of tomato purée, some basil (I used dried).

Soften the onion in olive oil then add the garlic for another couple of minutes. Add the tomato, basil and tomato purée. Salt and pepper.

Add some water to bulk it out a bit and let that reduce. Simmer for about 15 mins.

You can be a bit more fancy and base it with celery and carrot and add some white wine but this was very nice.

I don't believe the feckin missed opportunity here.

YOU was the creator of this magnificent thread. It's down to you and your pot noodles that this exchange of information is happening - and good thing it is too!

Why could you just not fecking say "Ketchup and tomato cupa-soup"!??

Life is full of missed opportunities. This is one of yours.

View attachment 493447

Nice pint of brown. (There is no 'black' just varying shades of brown. What you actually think black to be is actually just very very dark brown. 'Vanta brown'; was actually discovered on this very thread by @Ortholith . It was both a joyous, and sad moment...as a new discovery was made - @Kirkz had his pants publically pulled right down and his arse spanked.

I don't believe the feckin missed opportunity here.

YOU was the creator of this magnificent thread. It's down to you and your pot noodles that this exchange of information is happening - and good thing it is too!

Why could you just not fecking say "Ketchup and tomato cupa-soup"!??

Life is full of missed opportunities. This is one of yours.
Ten years down the road, I’d like to think I’ve learnt something from all you Gordon Ramsey wannabes.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Chicken caesar'ish salad
20200731_190101_resized.jpg

Latest Threads