Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sausages ahoy! Yes, @supermatelot, more than one, in fact 2.5kg of prime home made Cumberland snorkers, ready for the BBQ on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Not only do we share worktops but you appear to have a Weber Genesis too .... maybe we were twins from the same egg separated at birth - good skills cooking on that lot at one time !

The Genesis was the one grill I didn’t use. It’s out of gas. Our house gas is propane, no mains gas here, so we have a 500 gallon tank. I had the Genesis on a connection to that, but when we got the griddle, I robbed the connection hose from the Genesis. I must get round to ordering another one and a Y fitting to get both hooked up.

@Kirkz kindly sent me a “round tuit”, so I must use it.

@greenbaggyskin and @RoyalGreenJacket also have Weber gas grills. GBS’s is a fancy one though with brown paint :)

Been on our hols this week, rented cottage in St Ives; very nice it was too. However separated from my utensils, knives, herbs seasonings etc was disconcerting, as was the lack of mobile signal. Anyway meal #1

L'aperitif
20200713_190959_resized.jpg

Pork chops, broad beans in mustard sauce
20200713_194006_resized.jpg

Meal #2

Crab and grapefruit salad
20200715_190613_resized.jpg

Sea bass, veg, lemon cream & dill sauce
20200715_195145_resized.jpg

@mush_dad this is just showing off now. Where's the Pot Noodle and pack of Cornflakes?
Funnily enough just got back after a 6 hour drive. And what did we both want for supper after the week of eating out and cooking - beans on toast, topped with melted cheese for the current mrs_mush and topped with a couple of fried eggs for me, and a mug of NATO std. No photos I'm afraid.

Been on our hols this week, rented cottage in St Ives; very nice it was too. However separated from my utensils, knives, herbs seasonings etc was disconcerting, as was the lack of mobile signal. Anyway meal #1

L'aperitif
View attachment 490472

Pork chops, broad beans in mustard sauce
View attachment 490473
I had broad beans (for the first time in many years) this week with a roast chicken. Really like the idea of a mustard sauce with them now, thanks for the inspiration!

Funnily enough just got back after a 6 hour drive. And what did we both want for supper after the week of eating out and cooking - beans on toast, topped with melted cheese for the current mrs_mush and topped with a couple of fried eggs for me, and a mug of NATO std. No photos I'm afraid.
A six hour drive from St Ives? Where is HQ?

Should open up a sub-thread on quick comfort food.

My can't be arrsed dinner is bacon, cheese on toast and sliced onions.

My can't be arrsed lunch (if I have some decent bread) is vegetable soup. Saute whatever veg I have, herbs and spices, couple of Knorr stock pots and a can of butter beans. Simmer it whilst doing stuff. Add fresh parsley. Scoff.

My can't be arrsed breakfast is black tea. In fact all my breakfasts are black tea.

Last edited:

Kirkz

LE
I have a full English breakfast Monday to Friday - Cup of tea and a cig.
Weekends is continental breakfast - cup of coffee and a spliff.

Late brekkie: cornflakes followed by beans on toast. Worked for Ringo Starr in his drinking days, and sounds OK to me.
Sets you up and sees you right.
If I’m staying in a B&B or hotel, then the full cooked brekkie.
If I’m at home, I quite like a full English for my tea.

Kirkz

LE
I’m fairly sure this needs an ‘old’ button :)
We'd need to old every other post in this thread as most of us have posted the same cooked meal more than once.

We'd need to old every other post in this thread as most of us have posted the same cooked meal more than once.
I only have 6 pictures that I rotate at random. Sometimes I leave the gravy off for more variety.

Latest Threads