LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
In the gardening forum I posted a picture of a rather large courgette.
I sliced it baked it with olive oil and pulped it to add to a sauce for spaghetti bolognaise. Garlic and the usual seasoning and it was wonderful, one way of getting the kids to eat their veg.

D87610DC-5389-478F-A8EB-E1764B979F2D.jpeg
E999F7FA-2F92-4CE0-8889-8FA34A69DC76.jpeg
E999F7FA-2F92-4CE0-8889-8FA34A69DC76.jpeg

Allotment vegetable tray bake in olive oil. Spuds, courgettes, carrots, tomatoes and parsley. Onions shop bought!
Served with a bit of chicken. Nice.
851D4ACF-22B6-42AE-B1A5-961E86B1E04D.jpeg

My take on my father’s grilled marinated lamb chops. It’s very difficult to buy the chops as thin as we used to get them, even a local butcher doesn’t cut them like that.

Season a lamb steak then put in olive oil, white wine vinegar, bay & garlic overnight, then when ready to cook put the marinade in an oven dish with halved baby tomatoes & bake alongside oven chips. Cook lamb steak in griddle pan.

6289FAF1-2778-44DF-A89D-73522AECE42C.jpeg

Ready for lift off:
FDFCE42C-7D74-472A-814A-387789AE6BF0.jpeg

I knocked up a jar of currywurst sauce this morning , there was a recipe on here somewhere but I couldn't remember it so threw in what I could remember
Cheap Lidl tomato sauce water, curry powder, finely diced shallot ( sauted with the curry powder, paprika smoked paprika, spicey paprika some garlic, a squeeze of ginger paste and cooked in a good squeeze of tomato paste ) then the whole lot simmered for about a half hour and filled a glass jar freshly washed and filled with boiling water to sterilize it
It was good
tonight I used it to make Zigeuner sauce, diced red pepper and onions lightly fried until soft then added to the curry sauce from this morning heated gently while I boiled some lovely little jersey royals , and fried up schnitzels of tenderised pork , floured ; egged and covered in panko breadcrumbs
what more needs said
It was as good as any zigeuner schnitzel I ever had in Germany , and I lived there for 19 years
would have been better with chips , but her indoors is having problems with fatty foods at the moment (waiting to get her gall bladder removed )

Today, we have changed it up once again, and shall have breakfast for a late lunch...
primeribeye999.jpg

a prime ribeye...
sunnysideup999.jpg

eggs done up in the leavings, this time sunny side up...
lunch999.jpg

Not a bad little plate, if I do say so myself...
lunch999b.jpg

Maybe I will go for something different for tonight's dinner...

Perhaps a nice steak or something.

Tyk

LE
Today, we have changed it up once again, and shall have breakfast for a late lunch...
View attachment 489739
a prime ribeye...
View attachment 489740
eggs done up in the leavings, this time sunny side up...
View attachment 489743
Not a bad little plate, if I do say so myself...
View attachment 489741
Maybe I will go for something different for tonight's dinner...

Perhaps a nice steak or something.
Isn't there a risk you will get bored with the same thing all the time?

Maybe poach or scramble the eggs for a change?

I sometimes scramble my eggs for breakfast, done in a nice amount of butter at a low heat.

I sometimes scramble my eggs for breakfast, done in the leavings from my steak at medium heat.
brkfst2.jpg

I sometimes scramble my eggs for brunch or lunch, done in a nice amount of butter at low heat with no stirring to produce an omelet, which I will fill with a bit of cheese, veg, and bacon. And as much sliced steak as I can.

I sometimes have sausage... gravy over some biscuits with my eggs for breakfast, done scrambled, over easy, or sunny side up.
SteakEggsBiscuitsGravyBreakfast.jpg

Sometimes I am not very hungry, and just have a light salad.
salad.jpg

A lot of the time, when I am feeling rather hungry, I just have a couple of steaks.
20200104130418.jpg

*Pictures are in the thread somewhere... however, I cannot find them on my laptop at the moment.
In any case, I am sure you can image what might be in them.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
The Black Bun. We tried a slice with custard for tea.

It was still warm, having been cooked in the morning and left in the tin all afternoon. The cake part is very dense, but has a lovely texture when eating.

It was delicious. I will definitely make it again when this one is gone.
20200714_210112_resized.jpg

Kirkz

LE
I’ll be interested in how you get on with it as I have been looking at getting one.
Probably get divorced from it.

Don't be bloody stupid. It's steak.

Poached or scrambled eggs just won't work.

Thai chicken with garlic. Lots of garlic.

20200714_174529.jpg

I'll have some vegetables tomorrow.

Latest Threads