Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

My only guess is that there are mould spores in some tiny cracks in the ceramic glaze and being stored with the lid on is trapping enough moisture for the mould to grow. It's probably worth giving it a soak in bleach, drying and leaving with the lid off for a while to see if the mould grows back.

Or trapped in the seal and/or lid handle. Or possibly in the cupboard where it is kept.

Kirkz

LE
Now then, need a bit of collective wisdom.
Muggins here has a slow cooker that we use fairly regularly. Getd put away after it gets scrubbed clean and all that mullarkey. Twice of late it developed a blue mould inside the ceramic pot after storage. Twice scrubbed to buggery as a result. Today, after being stored in clean dry surroundings....blue mould.
Any idea why this is and would a bleach wash help ?
Chuck it out and buy a new one, I saw one in Tesco the other week for £13.

20200709_173314_compress60.jpg

We did a freezer inventory on Sunday and had a bit of a sort out. Thus we had roast pork on Tuesday, and this is the remnants, braised in the gravy with carrots and onions, with a baked potato and butter.

Kirkz

LE
You're slipping, got mine for a tenner.........had it a couple of months, bloody good value, works well, with 3 heat settings.
Mine was from a skip.
I said I saw one for £13 in Tesco, I didn't buy it.

Cream of roast chicken soup
20200709_184854_resized.jpg

Or trapped in the seal and/or lid handle. Or possibly in the cupboard where it is kept.
If the mould is growing on the ceramic pot then I'd have thought it was unlikely to come from the lid. Likewise if the pot is being stored with the lid on then it's unlikely the pot is being contaminated from the air in the cupboard.

An experiment is called for - scrub and dry pot, store with lid off in open air. If no mould then repeat with lid on. If no mould then in cupboard with lid off. If no mould then in cupboard with lid on right way up etc.

Or just follow Kirkz's suggestion and buy a new non-mouldy one.

Kirkz

LE
Cooked last night and reheated for tonight and served with pasta, shin beef stew.
20200709_210404.jpg

Good day gardening between rain storms & an evening online meeting meant something quick needed:

C38A807F-4A89-4A22-891D-FDC332C3030A.jpeg

Also experimenting with sprouting fenugreek seeds:

17248F95-ADD4-44A3-99AB-4A5C414050D4.jpeg

Should be interesting in a stir-fry. Like beansprouts, but with a mild curry aroma.

Pasta Arrabiata, mit extra chilli

IMG_20200710_200859887_resize_43.jpg

SWMBO squeaked at the chilli levels and declined, so I went whole hog and added another.

Sinuses clearing nicely...

JB

Steak pie, veg, onion gravy
20200710_180053_resized.jpg

Latest Threads