Tonight I cooked..........

Nasi Goreng (this auto corrected to Nazi Goering on another site & nearly got me in trouble) but not made up with chopped-up leftover bacon & sausages from breakfast. Perhaps that’s why we were only allowed one sausage, it was being saved for Nasi Goreng at lunch...

76D41861-7F2B-45C3-8894-2D269DAD997B.jpeg

Ron showed up

Pea and ham soup
20200707_181936_resized.jpg

A welcome return to brown stuff and the 'lobbing across the room' plating style:

View attachment 487958
Thats some serious brown going on there.

Real serious.
Thats some fecking serious brown... that is.

Commendable.

Golf claps all round.

I have never been one to criticise your (excellent) food, but surely you could have done better than medium sliced white bread?
Au contraire

I don't get on with brown, wholemeal or seeded breads. Besides white bread is best for toast, well after soughdough that is.

We buy just one loaf a week, toast for the current mrs_mush's breakfast, bread for the soup we have twice a week and a banjo at the weekends.

Home made soup with white bread, lathered with unsalted french butter, then sprinkled with Maldon salt - delicious.

Kirkz

LE
Shin beef stew in the slow cooker, getting a good 8 hours today then resting overnight and reheated for tea tomorrow.

20200708_104139_copy_755x881.jpg

Au contraire

I don't get on with brown, wholemeal or seeded breads. Besides white bread is best for toast, well after soughdough that is.

We buy just one loaf a week, toast for the current mrs_mush's breakfast, bread for the soup we have twice a week and a banjo at the weekends.

Home made soup with white bread, lathered with unsalted french butter, then sprinkled with Maldon salt - delicious.
Didn't mean to come across as a bread nazi. Each to their own.
Soup looks fabulous btw

Kirkz

LE
Didn't mean to come across as a bread nazi. Each to their own.
Soup looks fabulous btw
I use whatever bread Farm Foods throws out along with some that Tesco sell off cheap, I've got several white bloomers, malted bloomers and seeded loaves in the freezer at the moment.

Last edited:

Kirkz

LE
That looks really good, apart from the large amount of celery in there. That would put me off trying a spoonful.
I was using up what was left so there is more in there than I'd normally use, having said that by the time it's had 8 hours then stood over night and then reheated for another 4 or 5 hours with more veg and mushrooms added you won't be able to taste the celery and it will have cooked away to virtually nothing.

'IN THE BEGINNING':
Mixed veg from Lidl and a tin of anchovies, add anchovies, all contents of tin and stir, put in a hot oven for at least 30 minutes.
IMG_6396.jpeg

And now for something completely different...
20200709_034939.jpg

I was hungry, so I threw a prime rib eye in the wok...
20200709_035306.jpg

Chopped it up into chunks....

20200709_041220.jpg

And turned it into Seolleongtang.

Latest Threads