Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Karamoja

War Hero
Roast chicken for lunch :-

IMG_20200705_132524~2.jpg

Kirkz

LE
I don't like waste....... in the old days, you'd get a little less than you wanted, then top up with bread and jam, but if it's shit, you shouldn't have to eat it.
Then don't just make sweeping general statements about throwing leftovers away.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Then don't just make sweeping general statements about throwing leftovers away.
Complaints from the poster who constantly posts on the food thread yet never shows us any of his creations? Say it ain't so!

Kirkz

LE
Complaints from the poster who constantly posts on the food thread yet never shows us any of his creations? Say it ain't so!
Says if it's leftovers throw it away then in the next post says he hates waste.
A faster reversocycle needs creating.

Bangers & Mash...

59A0B4AC-B2AD-447A-80D2-6C3C4EA29478.jpeg

Sunday supper, roast chicken legs, gnocchi, fresh tomato sauce
20200705_182854_resized.jpg

Independence Day cookout from yesterday.

Homemade burgers & buns, two different bratties and a smoked sausage. Southern potato salad and a devilled egg on the back side of the plate.

7AA5EAD4-561C-46AB-9693-C0FF4DC68EBA.jpeg

Kirkz

LE
Independence Day cookout from yesterday.

Homemade burgers & buns, two different bratties and a smoked sausage. Southern potato salad and a devilled egg on the back side of the plate.

View attachment 487481
What's different about Southern potato salad from any other potato salad?

What's different about Southern potato salad from any other potato salad?
Cooked by an Englishman in America pretending he is American?

Kirkz

LE
Just the mix of stuff that goes in it. In this case, hard boiled egg, celery, chopped dill pickles, red onion, mustard, garlic powder and mayonnaise.
That actually sounds quite nice, though I'm not sold on the celery.
I usually only use celery when making stock.

Hippohunter

Old-Salt
Lamb Hadrian - A recipe I got from a place in Hexham proported to be how the Roman soldiers did it while staging on Hadrians wall. Lamb shank browned in olive oil, sweated off onions, garlic, carrots and turnip. Seasoning, some Italian herbs, tomato purée, chicken stock and red wine to cover. Tight fitting lid and into the oven for 2 hours at 180c. Serve with greens. Cabbage works well.

A mix of local produce on Hadrians Wall and stuff brought from home.

That actually sounds quite nice, though I'm not sold on the celery.
I usually only use celery when making stock.

He left out the moonshine... for southern roasted potato salad.

Today's meal of handmade lamb dumplings...

20200705_172028.jpg

And my special "Black Fire" chili garlic sauce.

20200705_172003.jpg

20200705_173239.jpg

You can almost see the demons waiting for you on the other side...

Tyk

LE
Lamb Hadrian - A recipe I got from a place in Hexham proported to be how the Roman soldiers did it while staging on Hadrians wall. Lamb shank browned in olive oil, sweated off onions, garlic, carrots and turnip. Seasoning, some Italian herbs, tomato purée, chicken stock and red wine to cover. Tight fitting lid and into the oven for 2 hours at 180c. Serve with greens. Cabbage works well.

A mix of local produce on Hadrians Wall and stuff brought from home.

Sounds very nice, although tomato of any kind would be right out for a Roman as they were not brought to Europe until the 16th century. Not very dissimilar to the Greek kleftiko which is really tasty.