Tonight I cooked..........

Can I ask what the food below the NW/SE line is.

I recognise the black pudding and the scrambled eggs but the square things and the semi-circular thing are a bit of a mystery. I assume the cake thing to the south west is that Scottish fruitcake thing.

Are the square things fried bread?
Black pudding(made in glasgow)
dumpling(made in shotts)
scrambled eggs(made in microwave)
potato scone (made by mortons)
Spam( made with who knows, classified as edible)

Yokel

LE
I have sliced and peeled the pineapple, made up a mix as per a cooking book and poured it over the rings, in a flan dish. To use all the pineapple I did two lots mix in two tins.

They look alright after cooking a smell good, but it/they are for tommorow I think. I will let you know how good or otherwise they are. First attempt of course....

Kirkz

LE
Black pudding(made in glasgow)
dumpling(made in shotts)
scrambled eggs(made in microwave)
potato scone (made by mortons)
Spam( made with who knows, classified as edible)
I really like Spam, it makes great fritters.

Rab_C

War Hero
Something different and not too heavy for a Saturday night.
Phad kharpow moo (chilli, Thai basil and pork stir fry) with khai dao (fried egg) and khao suay (steamed rice). Looks a little bland but believe me it’s not.
287BFAE8-784D-4837-94E4-66C242F45C0F.jpeg

Something different and not too heavy for a Saturday night.
Phad kharpow moo (chilli, Thai basil and pork stir fry) with khai dao (fried egg) and khao suay (steamed rice). Looks a little bland but believe me it’s not.
View attachment 487143
Did that myself a few weeks back. As you say, definitely not bland!

Lamb steak, with feta, pomegranate seeds, toasted walnut & chopped shallots. Recipe from Waitrose food. Served up with garlicky sautéed potatoes:

0C52F8EF-8E48-4CA1-9CBF-85E989F91BC8.jpeg

Tonight's efforts

L'aperitif
20200704_172523_resized.jpg

Crab cakes, chilli dipping sauce
20200704_190458_resized.jpg

Thai green curry salmon, sticky rice
20200704_192533_resized.jpg

Mango and lime, vanilla ice cream
20200704_204351_resized.jpg

Happy Birthday to me... My Chinese GF is now back in the US, and we have reopened her biz this week.
Last night I prepared for my birthday dinner, same as I do every year, by slicing a whole Prime Rib into fat steaks.
20200703_174505.jpg

This year we are actually working, so I did them up on the little induction cook top, in tons of butter.
20200704_150602.jpg

You can see it bubbling away between these two steaks... I then used the leavings with a bit of sangria to cook up some nice mushrooms.

I also wilted some baby spinach and cooked some large shrimp up with butter, Shanghi style soy sauce, and traditional 5 spice to round out the meal.
20200704_141611.jpg

She gave me her usual complaint that I feed her too much meat (not just for dinner), and made me eat half her steak, while stealing half my shrimp...

All in all, not a bad meal.

Happy Birthday to me... My Chinese GF is now back in the US, and we have reopened her biz this week.
Last night I prepared for my birthday dinner, same as I do every year, by slicing a whole Prime Rib into fat steaks.View attachment 487189
This year we are actually working, so I did them up on the little induction cook top, in tons of butter.
View attachment 487190
You can see it bubbling away between these two steaks... I then used the leavings with a bit of sangria to cook up some nice mushrooms.

I also wilted some baby spinach and cooked some large shrimp up with butter, Shanghi style soy sauce, and traditional 5 spice to round out the meal.
View attachment 487191
She gave me her usual complaint that I feed her too much meat (not just for dinner), and made me eat half her steak, while stealing half my shrimp...

All in all, not a bad meal.
Made her eat half a steak? That’s concerning what else do you make her do?

Sausage cob for breakfast
20200705_094935_resized.jpg

Pea and ham soup for Ron
20200704_171526_resized(1).jpg

Yokel

LE
The first of the pineapple upside down puddings has been largely consumed - including my brother having three portions, now that he can come in the house.

I am just a kitchen bodger and am happy if I produce something edible that does not make anyone ill, and manage not to injure myself in the process.

Last edited:
20200705_180253_compress89.jpg

With two chicken carcasses from the other day the spares bag in the freezer was getting a bit full. Made a stock, and instead of reducing it to freeze, used it to make a broth/soup with veg (various), and some leftover chicken and a bit of ham found lurking at the back of the fridge. It will do lunch tomorrow as well with a bit of pearl barley or pasta.