Tonight I cooked..........

I went shopping and saw pineapples on special offer, so I picked one up. I had no real plan for it but someone suggested that I should make an upside down cake/pudding but it sounds a bit complex. Does anyone know of an easier alternative?

I was going to be healthy and eat it as it is. Anyone got any ideas of using it without adding loads of sugar?
Well, duh... put it on a pizza :)

(This is an inside joke for regular participants on this thread)

If you washed up a plate from yesterday with mango chutney left on the side and cleaned the plate around it to save it for tonights curry that I'm cooking would this be wrong ?
If you run a commercial restaurant then yes.
If it’s just you and a couple of intimate guests, then...yes.

Yokel

LE
Probably best to peel it first.
Ah - I did wonder why I had a sore mouth and throat the last time I had one.

Sounds like a pain in the arse! Does peeling it make it hurt less?

Well, duh... put it on a pizza :)

(This is an inside joke for regular participants on this thread)
Yum.

I made an apple and rhubarb crumble earlier in the week so using it in a crumble is out. Can it be used in a trifle?

Just eating it would be so much simpler!

I went shopping and saw pineapples on special offer, so I picked one up. I had no real plan for it but someone suggested that I should make an upside down cake/pudding but it sounds a bit complex. Does anyone know of an easier alternative?

I was going to be healthy and eat it as it is. Anyone got any ideas of using it without adding loads of sugar?
More serious answer... pineapple upside down cake is one of the easiest cakes to make. Pineapple rings on a cookie sheet, maraschino cherries in the holes, brown sugar/cinnamon mix over the top, cake batter over that. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. Invert and serve with whipped cream. Lush, but only once or twice a year.

Kirkz

LE
Ah - I did wonder why I had a sore mouth and throat the last time I had one.

Sounds like a pain in the arse! Does peeling it make it hurt less?

Yum.

I made an apple and rhubarb crumble earlier in the week so using it in a crumble is out. Can it be used in a trifle?

Just eating it would be so much simpler!
Peel it?
Where's your sense of adventure!

clothears

War Hero
I'd rather have pineapple on a pizza than "sweet corn". WTF is that about!

Pineapple up side down cake should be done in either a 9 inch square pan or 9 inch circular. You can even use a cast iron skillet.

Melt butter in pan, stir in brown sugar. Pineapple rings to fit. Cherry in the centre of each ring. Batter over top. Bake.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Black pudding with little white chunks of fat through it seems to have gone out of fashion now, personally, I enjoyed it, but fashion seems to dictate smooth paste, sometimes with barley.
Perhaps you could show us all, after all you are an expert level cook, the only person who posts on arrse with more experience is @PhotEx

A side note? Does the Dacia have usb and Bluetooth connectivit?

Tyk

LE

Here's a suggestion.

Tyk

LE
Black pudding with little white chunks of fat through it seems to have gone out of fashion now, personally, I enjoyed it, but fashion seems to dictate smooth paste, sometimes with barley.
Not the ones I buy, they're proper black puds with some fat and real flavour. Imported from the barbarian lands over the Lancashire border.

Pineapple.

Top and tail. Cut into slices. Remove skin. Eat pineapple. Or . . .

Put the slices on a baking tray. Put stuff on them according to taste (sugar, booze, cinnamon, wotteva). Put in hot oven for 15-20 minutes. Do/don't finish off with a sprinkling of caster sugar caramelised under a hot grill for a nice colour.

Living on pineapples makes your teeth fall out.

View attachment 486957

Almost a brunch but not quite
Can I ask what the food below the NW/SE line is.

I recognise the black pudding and the scrambled eggs but the square things and the semi-circular thing are a bit of a mystery. I assume the cake thing to the south west is that Scottish fruitcake thing.

Are the square things fried bread?

Yokel

LE
View attachment 486957

Almost a brunch but not quite
Not sure I recognise anything there apart from scrambled egg and carbon... Talk us through it. Do you wash it down with Iron Bru or Tennants Super?

Pineapple.

Top and tail. Cut into slices. Remove skin. Eat pineapple. Or . . .

Put the slices on a baking tray. Put stuff on them according to taste (sugar, booze, cinnamon, wotteva). Put in hot oven for 15-20 minutes. Do/don't finish off with a sprinkling of caster sugar caramelised under a hot grill for a nice colour.

Living on pineapples makes your teeth fall out.
I had intended that it would be consumed as nature intended - sweet and tangy and hopefully healthy.

If I put uncooked pineapples rings or slices under a sponge cake mix will it work?

Pineapples - add cherries - add sponge mix - job done.

Not sure I recognise anything there apart from scrambled egg and carbon... Talk us through it. Do you wash it down with Iron Bru or Tennants Super?

I had intended that it would be consumed as nature intended - sweet and tangy and hopefully healthy.

If I put uncooked pineapples rings or slices under a sponge cake mix will it work?

Pineapples - add cherries - add sponge mix - job done.
Yes it will work, but it is soooo much better with the brown sugar/butter caramel coating. It will be a lot more dry if you are an idle fvck and omit this stage. Don’t be an idle fvck :)

Latest Threads