Tonight I cooked..........

Tool

LE
They're godless heathens and should be pitied rather than castigated.
I'll really rock the boat and make a bobotie met begrafnisrys. Nothing wrong with savoury mince and a nice egg custard, served with rice and dead flies... and lashings of chutney, with dessicated coconut and banana slices soaked in milk. See some heads explode, me thinks.

Kirkz

LE
I'll really rock the boat and make a bobotie met begrafnisrys. Nothing wrong with savoury mince and a nice egg custard, served with rice and dead flies... and lashings of chutney, with dessicated coconut and banana slices soaked in milk. See some heads explode, me thinks.
There's at least 3 things in there that would mean I wouldn't even taste it.

Bhatura are the dogs danglies iirc - lovely texture.
I've only made them the once - Were my kitchen more isolated from the rest of the house...like across the street...then I'd be happy with a deep fat fryrer / chip pan and make the buggers more often!

Kirkz

LE
Chicken, ham, pasta, tomato sauce and cheese thing.

20200702_204509_copy_727x590.jpg

For those partial to black pudding, there are a few companies out of Stornaway that will boast they are the best Stornaway blic puddin

No links as you can try at your leisure

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
Black pudding with little white chunks of fat through it seems to have gone out of fashion now, personally, I enjoyed it, but fashion seems to dictate smooth paste, sometimes with barley.

Spiced meatballs, spicy pepper sauce, flatbread

20200703_180321_resized.jpg

If you washed up a plate from yesterday with mango chutney left on the side and cleaned the plate around it to save it for tonights curry that I'm cooking would this be wrong ?

Yokel

LE
I went shopping and saw pineapples on special offer, so I picked one up. I had no real plan for it but someone suggested that I should make an upside down cake/pudding but it sounds a bit complex. Does anyone know of an easier alternative?

I was going to be healthy and eat it as it is. Anyone got any ideas of using it without adding loads of sugar?

Last edited:
I went shopping and saw pineapples on special offer, so I picked one up. I had no real plan for it but someone suggested that I should make an upside down cake/pudding but it sounds a bit complex. Does anyone know of an easier alternative?

I was going to be healthy and eat it as it is.
Probably best to peel it first.

Kirkz

LE

I was going to be healthy and eat it as it is. Anyone got any ideas of using it without adding loads of sugar?
31 Pineapple Sweets That Taste Like Tropical Bliss

Failing that just use it as a butt plug.

Actually it’s not bad at all. The base sauce is much less odorous than the finished sauce, and there was a lot more of it. You’re right though, my wife doesn’t care for it at all. We had some friends over, and they helped cook. Wifey just socialized. I like the idea of the little Karahi dishes, because then I could do the finished sauces outside on the Egg as a Tandoor.

The nans came out OK, even if one was Millenium Falcon-esque in shape. The dough was sticky as hell. Bit less oil and water next time. I don’t really care for coconut, but Peshwari Nan are an exception; I might try those.
Most curry base sauces are good done in batches and then split and frozen. If you can cook outdoors (and I believe you can) then get a pot going. It will then not annoy your spouse, but might annoy the neighbours.
If your neighbours have the same issue with stinky cooking, invite them round to inhale the aromas, clear their sinuses and take away some of the goodness.

Most curry base sauces are good done in batches and then split and frozen. If you can cook outdoors (and I believe you can) then get a pot going. It will then not annoy your spouse, but might annoy the neighbours.
If your neighbours have the same issue with stinky cooking, invite them round to inhale the aromas, clear their sinuses and take away some of the goodness.
Er, what neighbours are these? :)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Peel it, cut it into chunks and soak it in rum for a couple of days :mrgreen:

Er, what neighbours are these? :)
Oh, I was forgetting. You guys could set off a simultaneous troop of main armament (once seen, never forgotten) and your neighbours would phone and ask if they could pop over for some second salvo. If they heard you.
You lucky bastard.

Latest Threads