Tonight I cooked..........

Very nice. I can see the baguette flour giving a really nice crust.

@supermatelot Bunnies are a half loaf filled with curry. These are vetkoek, commonly filled with curried mince or eaten as a bread roll with cheese and chutney.

Nice thing about vetkoek is they cook in a couple of minutes and can be made pretty much right after the first proving without waiting while the dough proves a second time before going into the oven for 25 minutes.

Tool

LE
Are these Seffrican things what are also known as 'Bunnies' or something along those lines?
"Half a cuttie and slap tjips" these ain't. Bunnie chow is a baked bread loaf cut in half on the width, so you end up with two half-loaves, each with an end crust. Take out the soft dough and fill with slap tjips (french fries) or a good, slightly dry, curry. Put some of the inside dough back on top and eat away.

*** Beaten to it by the croc-wearing maplotter...

Don't forget the carrot and chili sambal and a dollop of chutney on top.

Got me dribbling like a mong here, you crunt...

I find that brown sauce does not lend itself to the mustard that was mixed in with the grated cheese.

Could have also opted for...GREEN sauce!

View attachment 486212
Hello Supermatelot.
Your sauces intrigue me especially the Fruity Hot One.
I have done a Google search but so far I have had no luck in tracking these sauces down.
Any chance you could provide a heads up as to supply and purchase please?
Thanks in advance,

Hello Supermatelot.
Your sauces intrigue me especially the Fruity Hot One.
I have done a Google search but so far I have had no luck in tracking these sauces down.
Any chance you could provide a heads up as to supply and purchase please?
Thanks in advance,
My wife got them in a hamper of sorts at christmas. Will try and find out where from for you.

Edit- Home bargains !

Bottle says 'produced in the UK for Tj Morris Ltd, Liverpool, homebargains.co.uk

Cheers. I had a bowl of cornflakes for my evening meal.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk
Ringo Starr was once asked “what’s your favourite dinner?”
He replied : “a bowl of cornflakes”
(I’m paraphrasing the next bit):
”And to follow? “(Could this interview have taken place in the George Cinq?)
Ringo: “Beans on toast.”
Seems to have some basis in fact; he used to ask Cilla Black to make him beans on toast. There is also anecdotes abounding that’s how he promulgated his ‘simple’ persona.

Kirkz

LE
Nope, not a butty. No fats on the inside - the mice (or cheese) goes straight onto the cut surface.
So the cheese is made from what?

I'm worried about @Kirkz 's level of black pudding consumption, he seems to be living on it, this may not be wise, it could lead to an unhealthy interest in flat caps and Whippets.
we have a lad at work who has contacts at the bacon factory, one of the lads feeds his dog on black pudding, i don't think the result goes in a poo bag with ease

KnockKnock

Clanker
Bought a huge cauliflower cut it in two and made a cheese cauliflower. With chipolatas first cooked in the oven and then cut up, the cauliflower (already cooked) and sausages then put in an oven dish and covered in a cheese sauce, with extra grated cheese on top. Just enough for two.

Kirkz

LE
Hardifecken ha. No butter/marine fat/marge to seal off the bread. The mince (or mice, if you prefer the more rustic flavour) is cooked in oil as well.
Why woul;d you put a bootneck on it?
If I used fried bread to make a butty I wouldn't put butter or marg on it either, it's still a butty (sandwich) though.

Ringo Starr was once asked “what’s your favourite dinner?”
He replied : “a bowl of cornflakes”
(I’m paraphrasing the next bit):
”And to follow? “(Could this interview have taken place in the George Cinq?)
Ringo: “Beans on toast.”
Seems to have some basis in fact; he used to ask Cilla Black to make him beans on toast. There is also anecdotes abounding that’s how he promulgated his ‘simple’ persona.
Sometimes when I dont know what I feel like a bowl of cornflakes is my go to meal and always does the trick. SWMBO always laughs but hey it works for me!

Tool

LE
Why woul;d you put a bootneck on it?
If I used fried bread to make a butty I wouldn't put butter or marg on it either, it's still a butty (sandwich) though.
At least I'm not being slated for the brown-ness, or orientation or presentation :wink:

Kirkz

LE
At least I'm not being slated for the brown-ness, or orientation or presentation :wink:
There's nothing wrong with eating what you like, I'm just not sure I'd want to eat what is basically a deep fried bun, just seems it'd be a bit greasy for my taste. I'm not a fan of fried bread either.

Tool

LE
There's nothing wrong with eating what you like, I'm just not sure I'd want to eat what is basically a deep fried bun, just seems it'd be a bit greasy for my taste. I'm not a fan of fried bread either.
If you don't enjoy fried bread, a fried bread roll wouldn't be up your street o_O

The skill is in making sure that the vetkoek is deep-fried, but to make sure that the finished product doesn't absorb oil. That's the issue I have with fried bread, especially at breakfast buffets. They end up tasting of slightly rancid oil.

You enjoy black pudding, of which I'm no fan. When I was growing up, we didn't eat offal although my mother loved it. She loved Steak Tartare and chicken livers. I never grew to like offal, not even steak and kidney puds.

Stand by, the Aldershot Cement Company:
We could cook our own food. Just leave it there and the hungry people can do the rest.