Tonight I cooked..........

Well I guess it’s not a BZ then.

You fkn heathen cvnt :)
I find that brown sauce does not lend itself to the mustard that was mixed in with the grated cheese.

Could have also opted for...GREEN sauce!

2020-06-30 20.27.25.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Kirkz

LE
Spicey drumsticks, chips, tatty salad.

20200630_201031_copy_675x581.jpg

Tool

LE
They don't look lush, they look greasy as fook.
From the whippet-fancier who eats black pudding... Use bread flour (this batch were made with ffrench Baguette flour). The secret to a good vetkoek is getting the outside fried srispy and the inside cooked, without letting them absorb the oil.

*nah, not really. The outside needs to be Crispy, not srispy.

Kirkz

LE
From the whippet-fancier who eats black pudding... Use bread flour (this batch were made with ffrench Baguette flour). The secret to a good vetkoek is getting the outside fried srispy and the inside cooked, without letting them absorb the oil.
Food for the road.
I'd leave them on the road and run over them.
It's a fried bread butty.

They look epically lush. Fresh soft bread inside, slightly crisp exterior and filled with savoury mince curry. Soul food for we Clutchplates.

@Kirkz the vetkoek are not greasy at all. The dough goes into hot oil and crisps up immediately, much like fish steams in a jacket of batter when fried.

Are these Seffrican things what are also known as 'Bunnies' or something along those lines?

Tool

LE
They look epically lush. Fresh soft bread inside, slightly crisp exterior and filled with savoury mince curry. Soul food for we Clutchplates.

@Kirkz the vetkoek are not greasy at all. The dough goes into hot oil and crisps up immediately, much like fish steams in a jacket of batter when fried.
Like I said, we normally use bread flour. With the Covid sh!t, HiD bulk-bought 14kg bags of plain and bread dough. She also found Frencg Baguette flour, which was used in this batch. The risen dough formed a tough skin on the outside, but the dough inside was more sticky than normal. Very unusual. It did crisp the outside a treat.

Spulleng up the swannee tonight.

Last edited: