Tonight I cooked..........

Kirkz

LE
Again? Don’t you get fed up?
Not really, it was unicorn rump steak with chocolate coated Peruvian ant eggs last time.

My first ever Paella, say what you want but we enjoyed it.
View attachment 485965

Lightweight........ that's a Paella-

1593536308196.png

Regular Sunday treat at Nerja along from Malaga....... went there 30 years ago, nice to see the tradition upheld.

Looking at the old boy again, I reckon that's Geronimo........ many years before, he discovered a cave system nearby, and the local council gave him a large reward, which he spent on the Burriana beach bar.

When we saw him he had a long grey pony tail, with a headband, and cardboard wrapped around his legs to deflect the heat from the fierce wood fire underneath.

Lovely food, good to see he's still around, must be a good age now.

Attachments

Last edited:
I love a bit of pie-ella but its a ball ache to make , takes ages to prep the never ending list of ingredients and watch over it while its cooking.

I'd have a go if there was an easy version for lazy idiots.

After that, we got the bug for Barbados, and until 9- 11 we could get a great holiday cheap.

Wait till new years day, then trawl Teletext for last minute bargains with Airtours, 2 star AOA.

Then ring my old mate's son in Vegas, who just happened to have been promoted from Barbados, so had lots of mates still there, which turned our cheapy into something 4 star on the South Coast........

After that, sadly too late, we got a taste for Italy, so stopped going to Spain.

I love a bit of pie-ella but its a ball ache to make , takes ages to prep the never ending list of ingredients and watch over it while its cooking.

I'd have a go if there was an easy version for lazy idiots.

Nonsense..... Paella literrely means " Onion, rice, and any cheap shite I could buy before the market closed "

There are oven paellas, but basically you cook off the onion, rice and olive oil and garlic, then add say a packet of Lidl mussells, a handfull of raw prawns and fry up some chicken bits, a few odds and sods of peppers etc, but basically a cheap meal for two.

Kirkz

LE
Chicken drumsticks are done.

20200630_192350_copy_656x613.jpg

Are you qualified to make one anymore?!?!
I made a few in the end. Made the mistake of not knocking up enough of the cheese mix though. Also- sandwich ham levels in the fridge were lower than expected so - had to augment with Lidl Italian meat slice type stuff.
Tasted nice though- although it was effectively more of a cheese-hammyish-eggie pizza type contraption.

2020-06-30 00.13.20.jpg

I made a few in the end. Made the mistake of not knocking up enough of the cheese mix though. Also- sandwich ham levels in the fridge were lower than expected so - had to augment with Lidl Italian meat slice type stuff.
Tasted nice though- althouth it was effectively more of a cheese-hammyish-eggie pizza type contraption.

View attachment 486202
Looks right tasty m8

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

Tasted nice though- although it was effectively more of a cheese-hammyish-eggie pizza type contraption.

View attachment 486202
Please provide identity of condiment. You are either getting a “BZ” or a “You fkn heathen cvnt” :)

Latest Threads