Tonight I cooked..........

I quite fancy a Cheesy Hammy Eggy but - can't be arsed to grate some cheese. Will see if I'm more hungry and motivated after a bit more Youtube surfing...

Kirkz

LE
I'm worried about @Kirkz 's level of black pudding consumption, he seems to be living on it, this may not be wise, it could lead to an unhealthy interest in flat caps and Whippets.
I'm a fecking Northern monkey, I already have an unhealthy interest in racing pigeons. whippets and flat caps ffs.

Tyk

LE
My first ever Paella, say what you want but we enjoyed it.
View attachment 485965
I'll say...

Make me some I love mussels, prawns etc and in paelle they work great. Looks damn tasty.

Only a tad peckish tonight.

View attachment 486006
Oy, the rule is one sausage each, trying to hide one under an egg isn't working and the camouflage has failed by the beans.
As a fellow Northerner I also love black pudding, I even import it from the savage lands to the West.

I'm worried about @Kirkz 's level of black pudding consumption, he seems to be living on it, this may not be wise, it could lead to an unhealthy interest in flat caps and Whippets.
Black Puddings Matter

Kirkz

LE
I got this black pudding off a customer at work who runs a burger van.
20200630_103111_copy_231x806.jpg

There's only me and Kirkz Mk 2 here and although I've frozen some it'll only keep for 3 months in the freezer so it's getting used at every opportunity.

I got this black pudding off a customer at work who runs a burger van.
View attachment 486084
There's only me and Kirkz Mk 2 here and although I've frozen some it'll only keep for 3 months in the freezer so it's getting used at every opportunity.
It does actually freeze for longer if correctly wrapped. I pre-slice mine and separate the slices with greaseproof paper then re-wrap the whole lot together. That way I can just pull out a few slices for myself (the current mrs_mush isn't a fan)

Kirkz

LE
It does actually freeze for longer if correctly wrapped. I pre-slice mine and separate the slices with greaseproof paper then re-wrap the whole lot together. That way I can just pull out a few slices for myself (the current mrs_mush isn't a fan)
Me and the kids love it so it wouldn't be in the freezer that long any way, to be honest I struggle finding it in anything other than the poxy 4 ready sliced supermarket packs but now I've got a contact who regularly get those big ones from a wholesaler I'll be getting more of it :mrgreen:

Me and the kids love it so it wouldn't be in the freezer that long any way, to be honest I struggle finding it in anything other than the poxy 4 ready sliced supermarket packs but now I've got a contact who regularly get those big ones from a wholesaler I'll be getting more of it :mrgreen:
I've seen biggish ones in B&M........ about 9", worth a punt.

Kirkz

LE
I've seen biggish ones in B&M........ about 9", worth a punt.
Lidle used to do those for a quid but have stopped, the one in the picture is wider than my fridge shelf so about 18 inches and was £3:50. The customer I got it from has been struggling due to lockdown as all their income came from venues such as car boot and markets so any help they can get is appreciated.

Kirkz

LE
As I'm off work today I've been in the kitchen, already got a pan of veg broth on the go.
20200630_130522_copy_753x742.jpg

Also got some chicken drumsticks resting in a spice rub ready to go in the oven later on.
20200630_130555_copy_753x797.jpg

Latest Threads