Tonight I cooked..........

Green saag + red masala = brown

According to the interweb '' Mixing red and green together makes the color brown''

Who knew...

JB
RTR walt

Today's breakfast

Avo and eggs on sourdough toast
20200607_095309_resized.jpg

Busy baking these with the children today ... the buttercream added about 800 Kcals per cupcake - one is enough for a week !
8546137E-2B0C-4841-A1FB-2FC47DD23BF9.jpeg

Warm

It was from this recipe that I'd seen in last weeks papers. I don't have any fresh thyme but dried oregano worked just as well

Couple of anchovies on top and a smear of olive tapenade on the base before layering the 'marters would be good too.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Green saag + red masala = brown

According to the interweb '' Mixing red and green together makes the color brown''

Who knew...

JB
Obviously not our fish headed friend!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

years ago ie decades, we when to Austria every morning breakfast was some type of sweet morning roll with butter jam honey never come across anything like them again
I remember that on a school trip when I was a kid, and it was my first taste of coffee. Lovely.

Sunday pieday
20200607_181350_resized.jpg

20200607_181740_resized.jpg

Simple evening meal. Burgers, onion gravy, fried new potatoes and peas.
0DDFA575-8A69-4C81-9B50-8ABDD6AE8BD3.jpeg

Turkey, but the masala is tomato based so should be redish, I suspect the spices and added saag send it drifting into the realms of brown...

JB
I've mentioned a few times on here - a couple of us have a book called 'The Curry Secret'.
It gives away the "secrets" of *British Indian restaurant stle curries - so not 'authentic'. I actually prefer BIR style-works for me anyway. The cookery is all around various base sauces.

Give me an average UK Indian takeaway menu and I can pretty much accurately recreate most things on it within around 30 mins of farting about - finding obscure extra spiceage in the cellar etc.

It even gives tips on pre-cooking meat and storing it. Its available on kindle and its free if you have that Amazon extra thingy too.

Latest Threads