Tonight I cooked..........

Thankyou, yes it is. You need to come and cast your eye over the new arrivals !
Funny enough, we’ve just driven past your gaff on the way back from Wilton Garden Centre - the missus wanted to know where you live!
Hopefully, when this madness is over, I’ll bring her, the grandchildren and the dog along!

Beef Stroganoff.
3A898E12-4616-4AE1-9353-728DFAA10F1C.jpeg

Pork & fennel seed meatballs braised with fennel, peas & dill on spaghetti. So fresh-tasting I didn’t even bother with black pepper or parmesan:

D32A3E61-FAC7-49B6-ABD4-D287289BFAF6.jpeg

L'aperitif
20200606_181545_resized.jpg

Rough tomato tart
20200606_190448_resized.jpg

20200606_191048_resized.jpg

Rack of lamb, celeriac puree, roast shallot, roast beetroot, green beans, jus
20200606_193733_resized.jpg

Some cheese
20200606_203406_resized.jpg

Raspberry souffle
20200606_204909_resized.jpg

Lamb shanks braised in cinnamon and cardamon flavoured stock (which was considerably reduced down after cooking) with saffron rice - nice change from the usual Sunday lunch View attachment 478134
Looks fantastic, went shopping today and saw a great rack of lamb chops, I was dreaming of buying , cooking and eating them tomorrow.

Then Mrs OB saw me and gave the evil eye, so no go.

When she was a very young girl she had a pet lamb.

One Sunday the family had a roast. She asked what it was, her dad said , oh it was Lammy ( no idea what the actual lamb was called). She was , as you expect very upset , her dad said, “Don’t worry , it committed suicide and we do not want to waste the meat.” As you would.

Since then , for some reason she does not eat lamb. Bit of a bugger as I love it.

What's L'aperitif ?

Looks like long strips of pork scratching, or is that just my fevered imagination....

JB
L'aperitif was a dry sherry for the current mrs_mush, and a glass of LBV port for me. Yes, the snacks were pork scratchings and some hoisin sauce

JuniorBod

War Hero
L'aperitif was a dry sherry for the current mrs_mush, and a glass of LBV port for me. Yes, the snacks were pork scratchings and some hoisin sauce
S'cuse my higgorance , I confabulateted my L'aperitifs unt mien entrées oder appetizer...

I blame the vino tinto o'clock...

scratchings look superb though...

Mmmmnnn Port...

JB

Latest Threads