Tonight I cooked..........

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks for that. Tried Japan Centre at Piccadilly Circus some years back, but they had no Korean stuff at all. Gather New Malden (IIRC) of all places is London’s centre of Korean food.

Here’s the stuff my sister brought back, a bit depleted now:

View attachment 479224

And this is how my budae jjigae came out:

View attachment 479225

Or more accurately how it looked when it went in. When it came out it was like lava on the old Chalfonts...
Looks lush as feck and spot on.

Old favourite - frittata.
3452B5F1-1567-418A-8091-59B83434E854.jpeg

Kirkz

LE
Schnitzel, chips, veg.

20200604_201620_copy_745x655.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Great stuff, looking forward to seeing the results...

JB
Here they are. With some Gooseberry Jam I made yesterday.

Tasted nice, but came up a little crustier than I expected. My s-i-l in Irvine says there are regional variations though.

We enjoyed them for breakfast. Thank you for the recipe.
20200605_085438_resized.jpg
20200605_083512_resized.jpg

JuniorBod

War Hero
Here they are. With some Gooseberry Jam I made yesterday.

Tasted nice, but came up a little crustier than I expected. My s-i-l in Irvine says there are regional variations though.

We enjoyed them for breakfast. Thank you for the recipe. View attachment 479604View attachment 479605
Looking good...

If a little crusty I would try lowering temp or reducing time, maybe a combo of both...

It's my own recipe, there are so many variations on t'web, I looked at a dozen or so, picked bits from ones that seemed similar then bastardised my normal bread recipe and hey presto...

Have a fiddle with it, if you find a combo that works better, back to me please...

JB

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Looking good...

If a little crusty I would try lowering temp or reducing time, maybe a combo of both...

It's my own recipe, there are so many variations on t'web, I looked at a dozen or so, picked bits from ones that seemed similar then bastardised my normal bread recipe and hey presto...

Have a fiddle with it, if you find a combo that works better, back to me please...

JB
Will do. Really grateful that we found a recipe that brings us close.

Good deep fried hue there.

HOWEVER - THIS PLATE OF FOOD HAS BEEN AUDITED BY THE UBER HAUPTBANTAFFELFUHRER AND FOUND TO BE UNCOMPLIANT WITH 'THE RULES':

I estimate there's about 2cm of carrot off-cuts within there though - zero nutitional value...probably never even tasted them. Can only assume it was deliberatley placed in order to add something referred to as 'ahem... 'colour'. In fact the post was perfect timing..it's almost as if a few 'pennies' fell off karamojo's post..onto yours.

The carrotty stuff is a dead giveaway by the sheer lack of it. You are being 'arty-farty. I hereby conclude...you are not quite yet through your unfortunate bout of gheyness.

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Looking good...

JB
Just realised. I used a green cloth!!!!

That must make a difference.. ;-)

Kirkz

LE
Good deep fried hue there.

HOWEVER - THIS PLATE OF FOOD HAS BEEN AUDITED BY THE UBER HAUPTBANTAFFELFUHRER AND FOUND TO BE UNCOMPLIANT WITH 'THE RULES':

I estimate there's about 2cm of carrot off-cuts within there though - zero nutitional value...probably never even tasted them. Can only assume it was deliberatley placed in order to add something referred to as 'ahem... 'colour'. In fact the post was perfect timing..it's almost as if a few 'pennies' fell off karamojo's post..onto yours.

The carrotty stuff is a dead giveaway by the sheer lack of it. You are being 'arty-farty. I hereby conclude...you are not quite yet through your unfortunate bout of gheyness.
It's what came out of the bag of frozen mixed veg, I think the rest of the carrots must be loitering at the bottom of the bag still so I'll probably end up with a load of carrots with a few bits of broccoli and cauli in with them at some point.

It's what came out of the bag of frozen mixed veg, I think the rest of the carrots must be loitering at the bottom of the bag still so I'll probably end up with a load of carrots with a few bits of broccoli and cauli in with them at some point.
No doubt he'll moan about that as well ;)

No doubt he'll moan about that as well ;)

No need...He'll have been dispatched by then. He's just signed his own warrant.

This is one hell of a mid-life crisis our esteemed friend is undertaking.

His excuse (and that's what it is) is akin to "Sorry officer...the cocaine must have been mixed in with that bag of opium and pot noodle meat I had up my arse".

This is a black cap job I'm afraid.

Bottom of the range frankfurters and the contents of a spicy beef pot noodle, it was bloody lovely. My wife is Spanish and doesn´t know what a pot noodle is - I hid the evidence. She liked it too, so now I´m the hero of the moment. Anyone like to share their current successes?
Hahahaha brilliant job, I'm way too slow and should be using my nogan more efficiently in my house, thx for the idea tho!

Unlike shop bought bacon which tends to boil in the water that comes out of it.
The bacon I get from my butcher, at first sight seems more expensive than the supermarket. But once cooked, the actual meat you are left with, is probably about the same cost once you take shrinkage into account. Plus it tastes so much better.

The bacon I get from my butcher, at first sight seems more expensive than the supermarket. But once cooked, the actual meat you are left with, is probably about the same cost once you take shrinkage into account. Plus it tastes so much better.
If I get bacon at the supermarket, I select the cheap offcuts. It tastes much better than the other crap they have on offer, the taste reminds me of times that have long since gone.

Kirkz

LE
I agree, I've stopped buying bacon in packets from the supermarket because :-
A) Half the weight is water pumped into it.
B) It says 8 rashers on the packet but they are thinner than tissue paper.
The bacon from my local butcher is thicker and isn't pumped full of water and best of all it still has the rind on, something I struggle to find on supermarket bacon.

Latest Threads