Tonight I cooked..........

Kirkz

LE
Thanks for that. I buy the branded (By which I don't mean own brand) chorizo from Real,- It tastes really good, is not too greasy and has great colour. Whenever I fry with it I hit a dilemma. If it goes in early it tends to break down, but if I put it in later there is not enough time for the flavour to permeate. I have considered not peeling the skin off, in order to keep it together better, but that would be super fiddly when eating.
Easy solution is to buy both types, it's not expensive at lidl.
This is Delux authentic Spanish chorizo.
20200524_211141_copy_540x982.jpg
20200524_211127_copy_540x340.jpg

I have considered not peeling the skin off, in order to keep it together better, but that would be super fiddly when eating.
One is supposed to peel the skin off?!? Thought I was getting a jaw workout & contents of pan in morning a bit odd ;)

Online meeting tonight, so simple late dinner:

AAE3F516-4060-4E34-81D9-37013BA00B42.jpeg

Easy solution is to buy both types, it's not expensive at lidl.
This is Delux authentic Spanish chorizo.
View attachment 476175View attachment 476176
That stuff is el bizzo!
After a bit of trial and error, I've found a couple of ways of cooking it which suit me and my odd-and I mean odd-visitors.
In both cases, sliced and skin left on to the thickness of a 1p coin.
If it's going to be in a stew, add the slices to a cold pan, then heat slowly over a very setting, this will bleed out the oil, shoogle the pan a bit to keep it moving. Slowly increase the heat until theres a bit of a sizzle going on, then lob in chopped onions, garlic etc. Gives a great colour and no need for additional oil.
Second way, microwave the slices on full whack for between 15-30 seconds depending on the nuclear capability of your oven. Decant onto some kitchen roll to soak up the oil-chorizo crisps!

That stuff is el bizzo!
After a bit of trial and error, I've found a couple of ways of cooking it which suit me and my odd-and I mean odd-visitors.
In both cases, sliced and skin left on to the thickness of a 1p coin.
If it's going to be in a stew, add the slices to a cold pan, then heat slowly over a very setting, this will bleed out the oil, shoogle the pan a bit to keep it moving. Slowly increase the heat until theres a bit of a sizzle going on, then lob in chopped onions, garlic etc. Gives a great colour and no need for additional oil.
Second way, microwave the slices on full whack for between 15-30 seconds depending on the nuclear capability of your oven. Decant onto some kitchen roll to soak up the oil-chorizo crisps!
Fry them in thin slices , no oil needed in the pan , you get meat crisps and a gallon of spicy fat for use later ron.

Nice use of tarpaulin for a table cloth.
Being of advancing years it helps protect the table from the stuff that drools out when I’m eating in a way linen doesn’t ;)

Brunch today. Bubble and Squeek from last evening’s left over Colcannon, fried egg and toast.
029B966B-1048-4FC5-B960-85BA9F3A99A6.jpeg

Just now, 'batch cooking':
a baked potato,, 'Mr Brain's finest, portioned in three.
and a bit of cauliflower.
IMG_6423.jpeg

Brunch today. Bubble and Squeek from last evening’s left over Colcannon, fried egg and toast.
View attachment 476320
Textbook.
Perfect plateage. Toast correctly positioned perpendicular. Outer edges of bread outermost. Central egg with leading and trailing edges aligned to mag north.

Willkommen Kamerad in der Organisation. Nimm deine Pflichten auf!

You take the 18:00-23:59 slot tonight. @Kirkz will ‘shadow’ you. You might want to ease yourself in gently, perhaps issue some mild rebukes on asymmetrical veg orientation or - gentle chastisement on gravy coverage.

Textbook.
Perfect plateage. Toast correctly positioned perpendicular. Outer edges of bread outermost. Central egg with leading and trailing edges aligned to mag north.

Willkommen Kamerad in der Organisation. Nimm deine Pflichten auf!

You take the 18:00-23:59 slot tonight. @Kirkz will ‘shadow’ you. You might want to ease yourself in gently, perhaps issue some mild rebukes on asymmetrical veg orientation or - gentle chastisement on gravy coverage.
Humbled. I am now the happiest man alive. It's taken me years to achieve this, thank you. I'd like to thank my agent, family, friends etc etc.

Rab_C

War Hero
Humbled. I am now the happiest man alive. It's taken me years to achieve this, thank you. I'd like to thank my agent, family, friends etc etc.
Just don’t let the power go to your head. It is after all only scran
Unlike government advisers learn the difference between rules and advice, could save egg on your face......

Just don’t let the power go to your head. It is after all only scran
Unlike government advisers learn the difference between rules and advice, could save egg on your face......
Egg should never be seen on a face unless accompanied with top lip topiary Or chin foliage.

I’ve been tweaking my presentational style, following numerous kickings on this thread!
You only have to please yourself and others eating with you.

Latest Threads