Tonight I cooked..........

Needs sausages.
As others have so eloquently put it on here previously, it’s my brunch so I’ll have it how I want it, thank you very much! :smile:

Sandwiches should be cut across not diagonally.
triangular sandwiches are the work of the Devil and lead to places cutting bread diagonally before the sandwhich is made making it difficult to make the sandwich properly.
And those toastie machines that cut and seal the little triangular wastes of space are an abomination. No space in them for a decent filling. Either make a jaffle or do a flat toastie that can be filled properly, not some nightmare love child cross.

Did you bang your head while answering the phones tonight? :)

More fish fingers = better, especially if the little burnt crunchy bits drop on the plate and can be scooped up later.

Edit - I am now wondering about the double stacked fish finger sarnie with sauce between the layers.
This is the kind of talk that caused the French revolution.

Tajine bil kefte with pistachio couscous:

79745DB7-06B3-463C-908A-5122B3C0BD57.jpeg

Lamb meatballs with lemon & coriander.

Anyone know a version of Steak and Kidney Pie but done with venison ?
We have mastered Wellington , got fridge and freezer almost full of Roe and tomorrow want / need to try something different.

I'm thinking herbs and junipers and whisky and redcurrent jam .....

Anyone pied or puddinged this before ?

Rab_C

War Hero
We have mastered Wellington , got fridge and freezer almost full of Roe and tomorrow want / need to try something different.

I do a game casserole and use junipers, herbs, red currant jelly but no way would I use whisky and juniper in the same dish. Slow cook as a casserole then add a lid. If you want booze then port or red wine.
Edited to add
Try this How to cook the perfect game stew (and pie) – recipe

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Kirkz

LE

Pretty much what Rab posted.
You wouldn't put whisky and gin in the same dish, it'll clash.
What you want is basically a stew in a pastry case, whatever meat you're using just adjust the temperature and time to suit.

Recipe please, if you don't mind. Also, where do you get your preserved lemons from?
Not sure what the rules are on posting recipes, but here it is:

94D14E14-9F85-4A9A-90D1-D4E85A49EC57.jpeg

These are plain rather than preserved lemons. I had made my own preserved ones by packing in salt in a Kilner jar, ones I’ve been using lately were given to me by a Moroccan friend a while back & were presented in brine.

Not sure what the rules are on posting recipes, but here it is:

View attachment 475986

These are plain rather than preserved lemons. I had made my own preserved ones by packing in salt in a Kilner jar, ones I’ve been using lately were given to me by a Moroccan friend a while back & were presented in brine.
Thankyou :)

Gravy with one of the coarser livers, like ox or pig, casseroled with onions, bacon or sausage, but my favourite, veal liver, I'd fry onions till browned, then flash fry the liver, until barely cooked through, then deglaze and serve with maybe a peppercorn sauce.
Any pics?

Latest Threads