Tonight I cooked..........

Did you make the katsu sauce and if so what recipe did you use please?
Really sorry, I used this stuff. From Waitrose IIRC:

ABC42039-B9A8-4500-9E8A-3A0BB27ADB1D.jpeg

Instructions say I should slice & fry onions first then add water & sauce mix. I can’t be arrsed & use ready-fried crispy onions from a tub from the supermarket...

Kirkz

LE

View attachment 463599

Instructions say I should slice & fry onions first then add water & sauce mix. I can’t be arrsed & use ready-fried crispy onions from a tub from the supermarket...
No need to apologise I use powdered Chinese curry sauce mix.
I've looked at a couple of recipes but as the ingredients differ slightly wasn't sure which to try.

View attachment 463599

I have these packets from an earlier buying frenzy in Lidl. Pennies, but not tried them out yet.
We are still working on frozen meals, including curry, and I might be for the high jump if I produce the sixth curry in seven days.
The BBE date is 03/2021, so within five years should be OK.
Love to know what they are like, though....

Kirkz

LE
I have these packets from an earlier buying frenzy in Lidl. Pennies, but not tried them out yet.
We are still working on frozen meals, including curry, and I might be for the high jump if I produce the sixth curry in seven days.
Try cooking and eating them.
S'not rocket science.

Try cooking and eating them.
S'not rocket science.
They are supposed to be part of a cat so curry. My idiot neighbours have three cats and since the lockdown these furry buggers have been getting thinner as the animals avoid the house.
Once we get back to normal, and the cats get fatter, catso curry is on. I hope so, it’s costing me £30 a week to feed the cats before I can snare them.
******* wagyu beef is cheaper.

There’s just me, so I can please myself. However I did decide to have a change Sunday & Monday, hence the incendiary burgers.

Will be out of milk after my morning brews tomorrow so can justify a trip for fresh. Hope bread doesn’t have days of week on it & I could do with a blue Mercedes van to pull up outside with a bell ringing.

However think I’m going for something Korean. And not the next door neighbour’s dog ;)

There’s just me, so I can please myself. However I did decide to have a change Sunday & Monday, hence the incendiary burgers.

Will be out of milk after my morning brews tomorrow so can justify a trip for fresh. Hope bread doesn’t have days of week on it & I could do with a blue Mercedes van to pull up outside with a bell ringing.

However think I’m going for something Korean. And not the next door neighbour’s dog ;)
Cheers, CP. Might have a trial run with the Katso curry scran so I don’t spring a surprise on Mrs R.
Never mind, what can go wrong? Women love surprises, right?

No need to apologise I use powdered Chinese curry sauce mix.
I've looked at a couple of recipes but as the ingredients differ slightly wasn't sure which to try.
Wing Yip own brand curry paste is pretty good: down to my last unopened jar which will be eked out as under the current climate their supermarket is not high on my places to visit list.

Cheers, CP. Might have a trial run with the Katso curry scran so I don’t spring a surprise on Mrs R.
Never mind, what can go wrong? Women love surprises, right?
I don’t faff about with the cutlets, either. Tesco’s own breaded chicken in oven for 25 mins while I prep the rest, then take cutlet out, slice & assemble...

Aga's are better than any modern cooker. FACT.
As a point of principle I have refrained from giving a single 'neutral' or negative icon on here.

That is one of the few posts that have made me reconsider my position. Agas are shit and an excellent solution to the problems of the 18th century.

tonight, I cooked a green pasta , from Jamie Os keep calm and cook thingy on the box
take a leak shallot peas, anything green actually so it got spring onions and frozen spinach , other crap from the fridge
cooked in a little olive oil and with fresh green herbs , then blitzed and mixed with your pasta, which was some French spinach and ricotta tortellini

It looked ******* awful , smelled ok …. unfortunately it even tasted worse than it looked

Failed with this one Jamie

It’s a long story but I’m going to be living in a hotel for a while due to this ******* COVID bollocks. Delivery food only. Now more than ever my mouth is watering at these lovely creations. You cannot believe how much I am looking forward to posting something I cooked on here again. Keep it up guys.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
As a point of principle I have refrained from giving a single 'neutral' or negative icon on here.

That is one of the few posts that have made me reconsider my position. Agas are shit and an excellent solution to the problems of the 18th century.
I love you dearly, but have to disagree. Aga is a brilliant tool for cooking anything, drying clothes, ironing, keeping distressed lambs, ducks and chickens warm, heating your home, heating your water if you're lucky enough to have an old model, and best of all, leaning on to warm your arrse on a chilly morning.

Latest Threads