Tonight I cooked..........

Now you're entering the realms of cross species contamination.
The Dutch are a very cross species, especially theri efriken descendants.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In an attempt to learn to cook, the missus has signed up for Hello Fresh.

Surprisingly it’s working. This is a woman who’s gone her entire life completely unable to make anything resembling food.

Seriously she could (and frequently does) **** up beans on toast.

But she’s knocked out some half decent meals with the Hello Fresh stuff.

It’s well overpriced, but if it teaches her to cook then it’s money well spent. You basically get the exact amount of ingredients to make each meal and that’s it. You could buy the same ingredients in larger quantities and make the same meals for about a quarter of the price.

Hopefully we’ll move onto that in due course.

Panko breaded halloumi steaks with sweet potato fries and salad tonight.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Surprisingly it’s working. This is a woman who’s gone her entire life completely unable to make anything resembling food.

It’s well overpriced, but if it teaches her to cook then it’s money well spent. You basically get the exact amount of ingredients to make each meal and that’s it. You could buy the same ingredients in larger quantities and make the same meals for about a quarter of the price.

Hopefully e’ll move onto that in due course.

Boarding school can do that to a girl!

Hopefully e’ll move onto that in due course.

Get her on a Leith's course or two when this has died down.

Cooking Skills Weeks / Cookery Courses / Leiths School of Food & Wine

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
To be fair, anyone can **** up toast by putting bastarding beans on it.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Boarding school can do that to a girl!
Yep.

They had a cook at home when she was growing up so no “helping mummy bake cakes.” Then boarding school and then uni and travelling around the world which basically involved eating out lots.

Then she met me and obviously I can cook, so there was no need for her to.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
To be fair, anyone can **** up toast by putting bastarding beans on it.
Mate I came home from work once to find an actual fire going on in the oven.

She’d tried to cook a frozen pizza with the polystyrene packaging on.

Well, it's their own fault for catching the ghey and using gas. Bad enough they use those Weber and associated generic disasters.
I suppose you cook your food over the still smouldering embers of your slain foes. When you're not tearing it raw from the bone with your teeth, that is.

Poppy

LE
Mate I came home from work once to find an actual fire going on in the oven.

She’d tried to cook a frozen pizza with the polystyrene packaging on.
I did that whilst working as a mother's help one summer holiday when I was about 19 - we'd never had junk food at home so I had no idea :)

I bought her a cupcake making course on groupon once.

She hated it.
Yeah but Leith's will be full of Sloan types and she can stay at her bezzers. Prolly tax deductible as well.

Last edited:
Part of the problem, is a lot of women dislike cooking.

They'll take a humdrum recipe and just churn it out, over and over, instead of thinking how can it be improved, taking 15 or 20 times to get it right.

Perfect example for me is Spaghetti Carbonara, one of the simplest meals to get right, with practice, but I've tasted many fuckawful ones.

My highest compliment in a restaurant, is "It's as good as mine "

You should have bought a couple of illegal Chinese non swimming slave workers while you had the chance.

Handcuff them to the AGA and issue them a wok each. Non stop Chinese food.

Part of the problem, is a lot of women dislike cooking.

They'll take a humdrum recipe and just churn it out, over and over, instead of thinking how can it be improved, taking 15 or 20 times to get it right.

Perfect example for me is Spaghetti Carbonara, one of the simplest meals to get right, with practice, but I've tasted many fuckawful ones.

My highest compliment in a restaurant, is "It's as good as mine "
So you have had scrambled eggs on pasta as well?

Black pepper crusted fillet steak, garlic & herb stuffed baked tomatoes, onion rings, frites:

655C4A6F-8A00-4E0C-AFBE-E3C85A052DA4.jpeg

It’s at times like this I wish I hadn’t had to give up booze. A glass of red would have gone very well with it.

Poppy

LE
Black pepper crusted fillet steak, garlic & herb stuffed baked tomatoes, onion rings, frites:

View attachment 461751

It’s at times like this I wish I hadn’t had to give up booze. A glass of red would have gone very well with it.
oh I'm having filet steak as well - but with salad (and several glasses of red :) )

I suppose you cook your food over the still smouldering embers of your slain foes. When you're not tearing it raw from the bone with your teeth, that is.
The smouldering embers are generally their hovels. One wouldn't want to be wasteful with all that good meat around.

Latest Threads