Tonight I cooked..........

Yup, I generally use a whole uncooked carcass, even the thigh and leg bones if I can be arsed. If done properly it's glutinous and you can lift a plate sized lump of fat from the top.
Unless I’m doing a Roast Chicken, I usually remove the breasts from a whole chicken before making stock/soup. I can then use them for a totally separate meal (curry or casserole), otherwise the breast meat becomes too overcooked if still attached to the carcass during the stock making process.
Bottom line is, it is hard to beat a whole chicken as the starting point of at least 3 good meals!

Kirkz

LE
Just so people don't get too worried about me, I've just popped round the back of Farm Foods and got 3 packs of chicken pieces and 8 seeded loaves from the bins.
No need to panic buy round here still plenty getting thrown out, the wasteful tw@ts.

Another “not much cooking” lunch, shaved brisket sandwiches, plenty of Colman’s and cracked black pepper. In defence, I did make the bread and slow-roast the brisket.

698916B7-17C2-40F9-AE8F-C1C60CD673A6.jpeg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Friends of ours celebrate their 48th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow. Two sons live in London and daughter in Sydney so no chance of a visit. I made them this, left it on the doorstep with a card, rang the doorbell and ran away.
20200331_152829_resized.jpg

Another “not much cooking” lunch, shaved brisket sandwiches, plenty of Colman’s and cracked black pepper. In defence, I did make the bread and slow-roast the brisket.

View attachment 461457
Don't tell me what that gunk is on the bread because it isn't butter...

Thanks to the panic buying, there's nowt but bog roll and tomato ketchup in the house.
Thankfully no HP.

Kirkz

LE
Friends of ours celebrate their 48th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow. Two sons live in London and daughter in Sydney so no chance of a visit. I made them this, left it on the doorstep with a card, rang the doorbell and ran away.View attachment 461460
How much laxative did you put in it?

Don't tell me what that gunk is on the bread because it isn't butter...
At no point did I say that it was butter. Or ketchup for that matter. But as it goes, it is mostly butter, blended with olive oil to make it spreadable straight from the fridge. Not 100% butter though, which is why I deliberately made no mention of it - I had an inking that if had, then some pedant would... oh never mind :)

23B00052-6AA2-440B-9217-30D83B57DCC8.jpeg

At no point did I say that it was butter. Or ketchup for that matter. But as it goes, it is mostly butter, blended with olive oil to make it spreadable straight from the fridge. Not 100% butter though, which is why I deliberately made no mention of it - I had an inking that if had, then some pedant would... oh never mind :)

View attachment 461469
Just looks a particularly ghastly colour - should taste OK if it has olive oil and salt in though.

Last night I made a ham bone soup, left it in the crockpot on low all night. Fished the bones out a bit ago. This will now cool, go in the fridge, and get de-fatted either tonight or tomorrow, depending on when it’s finished coagulating.

@Bubbles_Barker - trust the bones are the “correct” shade? I promise you it tastes good, as does the spreadable butter :)

1455A37C-5270-4B3E-A4DE-8B2290FE5C00.jpeg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Good Samaritan Walt...
You may know the gentleman concerned. REME, finished as a Major having started out as Cpl. F and married a WRAC.

The only Julian I know is “Filing Time”, and today is 90. Tomorrow will be 91.

Oh and that dick in jail, though I don’t actually ”know” him. Thank God!
Then you are not old enough to have listened to 'Round the Horne' on the wireless each Sunday, perennial characters were Julian and Sandy lobbing in Polari speak at every opportunity in an age when 'poofery' was illegal.

How they got away with it is, to me, quite astounding.

Polari was basically homosexual slang to baffle outsiders, (much like Cockney slang), bona means good.

I listened to it many times, many many times, many....................

Latest Threads