Tonight I cooked..........

A good tip with chicken carcasses, is boil it up, drain it through a large sieve, chuck the bones, then pour the liquid through a single layer of handkerchief tissue........ it floats the fat on the top, so the stock can be seperated

Is anyone else watching the Mockney ****** , the Marmite TV chef Jamie Oliver, on his afternoon TV show , cooking some really decent food from your store cupboards and food from your local shops , was impressed with the one we watched this afternoon , where he was extolling the local corner shops and other smaller business
Have gone a bit 1950s myself lately , for example I now have a pot of stock on the go almost non stop, any getting near its use by date veg goes in and simmered , and is getting used as needed , (as per what JO was saying)
Brain of Britain yesterday bought a fecking 2 kg chicken for the two of us left it a bit late to cook such a monster , I have spatchcocked the bird, and the spine and parsons nose and bits are in the pot
So... tonight it is roasted chicken cooked on a bed of spuds sweet potato, onion carrots peppers etc , it is looking lovely , and tomorrow we are eating chicken risotto, using the stock , and what is left of it will be frozen
Getting back to Jamie Oliver, worth a look, giving some decent tips and the food looks good as well
I made roasted celeriac and mushroom sauce to his recipe for Sunday lunch today. For a vegetable I’d never knowingly eaten before, it worked really well and has the seal of approval for repeat servings.

Roast chicken dinner
20200329_181153_resized.jpg

As plated by moi
20200329_181450_resized.jpg

As replated by the current mrs_mush
20200329_181804_resized.jpg

A good tip with chicken carcasses, is boil it up, drain it through a large sieve, chuck the bones, then pour the liquid through a single layer of handkerchief tissue........ it floats the fat on the top, so the stock can be seperated
Bread soaks up floating fat really well, and is delicious when fried. Just have the defibrillator fired up ready. Thanks Gordon Ramsey.

Kirkz

LE
Beef skirt stew with herb dumplings and creamy mash.

20200329_194547_copy_744x578.jpg

Sag paneer, tarka dal, accompaniments:

7CC2379A-2F73-43D3-9B99-B1C0BA436DD1.jpeg

Another Beef Skirt dish. From the freezer (made back in January) Beef in Ale Gravy, buttered mash with spring onions and carrots. The only disappointment was the ale gravy, which was a little bit too watery after defrosting.
AB55ACA7-E2B9-4BEC-B8EC-1C91697CB46C.jpeg

Feeling crap today with a very sore throat, boot size 8 but they are green and furry, so just a cheese and spring onion baked spud tonight.

DSCN4896.JPG

Uncooked bacon wrapped around a dried fig with a dab of mascarpone is seriously lush.
Stay where you are until the mental health crisis team get to you.

Your rights.

If you are sectioned, you can be kept in hospital, stopped from leaving the ward and given treatment for your mental health problems, possibly without your consent. If you are sectioned, you normally have the right to get help from someone called an independent mental health advocate

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
This chinese flu did not stopping me cooking myself a Sunday roast early
IMG-20200329-WA0003.jpeg