Tonight I cooked..........

Lockdown cooking over the past two days, using a chicken from the freezer. Home made Chicken Soup using the carcass stock last night, followed by Malaysian Chicken Curry using the breast meat this evening.
825EA730-D63F-4D99-B8DA-AA6532911C94.jpeg
E3A244D3-9B3F-43FF-B034-86785E0B49DF.jpeg

Baked some cornbread, liberally laced with chilis:

4265D595-7BF6-4D3F-BCE7-69FA96C31088.jpeg

Served it with chili, avocados & limes.

260BC399-0402-4CA0-9BC9-F8E774DDCB1A.jpeg

At this rate I’ll be eating cornbread for some time. Makes a change from being shouted at on Facebook for going cycling & being told my collar will be felt imminently after I am caught by the police drones which are tracking us...

Lockdown cooking over the past two days, using a chicken from the freezer. Home made Chicken Soup using the carcass stock last night, followed by Malaysian Chicken Curry using the breast meat this evening.
View attachment 460093View attachment 460094
Nice , was listening to the BBC 4 news yesterday. Had a Lord , did not pick up his name from the House talking about food and cooking.

Spoke about getting a chicken , roast for Sunday, keep the leftovers for a curry on Monday and then boiling the bones for a soup.

Just thinking I still do that anyway, well if Mrs O_B leaves any thing for Monday.

Wonder if the me generation even know how to do this basic stuff?

Nice , was listening to the BBC 4 news yesterday. Had a Lord , did not pick up his name from the House talking about food and cooking.

Spoke about getting a chicken , roast for Sunday, keep the leftovers for a curry on Monday and then boiling the bones for a soup.

Just thinking I still do that anyway, well if Mrs O_B leaves any thing for Monday.

Also got enough meat from it to make up a few sandwiches for lunch yesterday - bit of mayo, some chopped spring onions, seasoning and Bobs your Uncle!

We were in Real earlier today picking up a few things, so I thought I'd check. Yup, EUR 1,89 for a 800ml bottle. Yet in the Real online shop it is EUR 3,29 foe a 800ml bottle. Maybe I inadvertently live in a C catchment area.

Both right then. Weird!
Probably selling off before lifex

Undoubtedly pushing at an open door on this thread, but ........
We save the carcass from poultry (including game), any red meat bones, and the peelings from carrots, onions, leeks and do on. When the bag of bits in the freezer is full, into the stock pot it goes. No need to purchase anything outside of your normal shopping: stock or broth from essentially by products .

Undoubtedly pushing at an open door on this thread, but ........
We save the carcass from poultry (including game), any red meat bones, and the peelings from carrots, onions, leeks and do on. When the bag of bits in the freezer is full, into the stock pot it goes. No need to purchase anything outside of your normal shopping: stock or broth from essentially by products .
We give the red meat bones to the dog. Lucky bugger.

Kirkz

LE
Last night I had Kirkz cheesey chorizo chicken breast wrapped in bacon with a slice of cheese on top with penne pasta in a spicy tomato sauce.

20200326_203644_copy_732x705.jpg
20200326_204534_copy_732x501.jpg

Have you been spying on me? Lunch (and breakfast) today:
View attachment 460361
Lunch, using up the last of the bag of potatoes before going food shopping.

Dinner will be another plate of lentil stew / dog vomit (© Kirkz).
Not since the restraining order. Since Corona put the kibosh on to our plan to sell pig bits to the public my dietary future looks rather pork based. Lunch today was bacon and eggs, and this for supper.

Also got enough meat from it to make up a few sandwiches for lunch yesterday - bit of mayo, some chopped spring onions, seasoning and Bobs your Uncle!
About normal for me and the Mrs for a £2.49 medium chicken from Aldi (we are skint and looking to economise, before any hoots): Roast bird. Lots of veggies means legs eaten that day. Meat for sarnies for Mrs Rangdo for work. She used to bring them home as she picked during the day, anyway. I would always eat mine.
Carcass boiled and picked clean. Stock and bits for rice dish, others for chicken curry. Curry with lots of extras like mushrooms does two meals. If I make my exceptional chicken and chick pea curry, it goes much further.
When we got married, we were skint, and made do. We come from backgrounds where stuff wasn’t wasted, and it hasn’t really gone way.

Last edited:

Latest Threads