Tonight I cooked..........

Plan A was jacket spuds with something. But, the spuds were manky, Plan B. Tuna fried rice: onion, garlic, ginger fried up in oil; Thai fish paste added, then rice; tuna at the end, good swirl. It tasted good. I didn't have the heart to tell the Light of my Life that the fish paste was so old that it was made from shrimps that had swum in seas at the same time the dinosaurs walked on land. Shhh!
Did you scoff it down, lick the plate, and declare it a triumph, like a good boy?

Tonight I cooked something I'm not sure what to call. Started off as a bolognese type sauce but I then decided I would keep the pasta for bartering* and turned it into a chilli type thing. Then decided I couldn't be bothered to cook rice in a separate pan so lobbed a bunch of red lentils in.

I think the closest way of describing it would be a sort of vaguely Italian flavoured beef dhal. Turned out well which is good because I got a bit overenthusiastic with the lentils and have another 3 or 4 servings to get through.

brown.jpg

* actually I tried blending the veg first before adding the mince. Not recommended, it turned into a sort of baby food consistency which would have been weird with pasta.

Kirkz

LE
Tonight I cooked something I'm not sure what to call. Started off as a bolognese type sauce but I then decided I would keep the pasta for bartering* and turned it into a chilli type thing. Then decided I couldn't be bothered to cook rice in a separate pan so lobbed a bunch of red lentils in.

I think the closest way of describing it would be a sort of vaguely Italian flavoured beef dhal. Turned out well which is good because I got a bit overenthusiastic with the lentils and have another 3 or 4 servings to get through.

View attachment 459684

* actually I tried blending the veg first before adding the mince. Not recommended, it turned into a sort of baby food consistency which would have been weird with pasta.
Dogs vomit springs to mind.
Wouldn't look good on a menu though.

quilter

Old-Salt
Whilst searching for Paracetamol in Sainsburys (none), I found some clotted cream to go with a Christmas pud I had kept (BF 31st March) so a result of sorts, no photo but you can imagine - it's luscious., - (the rest of the clotted is also great with tinned/frozen fruit if no fresh is available, yes I know teaching grandma-pa to suck eggs) - preceded by mash/green beans and corned beef with the requisite brown, most enjoyable. BTW, love the new thread 'The good news thread'
Cheers Arrsers, you are keeping me sane :blowkiss:

Ow much? Robbing bastewards! That's about 3 x the retail price in Germany, assuming it is in fact the large bottle and not the small one.
They're 800ml bottles - the big uns. A fiver is nowhere near three times the price, around 3 euro over there? If I lived near Sleaford I could have collected 'em and Dutch friks as well
1585178045800.png

Lockdown Special #24

Bantam egg omelette. The new "middle class must have", smaller eggs so you have to buy more, but get to gloat at poor people and their shite supermarket own brand battery hen crappy ovulations...

Grated mozerella and mature cheddar thrown in at the end just before folding, just so the stuff didn't stick to my no longer non stick, sticky pan.

View attachment 459379View attachment 459381
Loverly

To be honest I don't think the enrichment cages are much better than batterys.
Exactly the same old cages, but they measure them in centimetres now instead of inches so they sound bigger.

Last edited:
I try to restrict my bread intake, but it's difficult 'cos I love the stuff
Don't I know it.

I avoid it by remembering it takes me at least 3 hours to make a couple of nice French loaves, but only about 3 minutes to finish them off when they are fresh out of the oven, especially with butter for lube, then not making them.

Lockdown Special #24

Bantam egg omelette. The new "middle class must have", smaller eggs so you have to buy more, but get to gloat at poor people and their shite supermarket own brand battery hen crappy ovulations...

Grated mozerella and mature cheddar thrown in at the end just before folding, just so the stuff didn't stick to my no longer non stick, sticky pan.

View attachment 459379View attachment 459381
That looks delicious but I'm afraid you miss the point of the bantam eggs.

Once scrambled or, er, omeletted, the boast and sneer value goes.

Hot tip: hard boil them, and eat somewhere public. At the moment, of course, you might need to Skype in to some lower middle class person. Working class people, and sorry to correct you a second time, will just think you're a knob for buying titchy eggs. Lower middle class, or possibly aspirational upper working class, people will feel the pain.

That nasty white shite in a can?
You're dead to me.
With you there.

I whipped up some double cream, then stirred in the simmered down, sieved and slightly sweetened juice of a punnet each of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.

Beautiful swirls of dark reddish purple.

Sprinkled grated 100% cocoa choccy on top.

Ate the lot before i remembered to take a piccy.

I am sat on the bowl now, though, could send a picture but it will be mixed up with the beef and carrots....?

Edit: too much beef; quite a bit of straining and then as luck would have it there are reddish swirls again!

Piccy?

Last edited:

Latest Threads