Tonight I cooked..........

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Keeping hens in batterys has been illegal in the EU since 1st Jan 2012.
They can be kept in larger "enrichment" cages though.
Yeah that's what they tell you.

But even if you furnish the chicken pens with wallpaper, central heating and Sky Sports, I dare say $hitting out a rugby ball the size of a space hopper every day would put a crimp on my smile I tell ya.

Happy Eggs my ARRSE

PS "enrichment cages" induced a wee snigger.

Kirkz

LE
Yeah that's what they tell you.

But even if you furnish the chicken pens with wallpaper, central heating and Sky Sports, I dare say $hitting out a rugby ball the size of a space hopper every day would put a crimp on my smile I tell ya.

Happy Eggs my ARRSE

PS "enrichment cages" induced a wee snigger.
To be honest I don't think the enrichment cages are much better than batterys.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Lockdown Special #24

Bantam egg omelette. The new "middle class must have", smaller eggs so you have to buy more, but get to gloat at poor people and their shite supermarket own brand battery hen crappy ovulations...

Grated mozerella and mature cheddar thrown in at the end just before folding, just so the stuff didn't stick to my no longer non stick, sticky pan.

View attachment 459379View attachment 459381
Moderator mug in shot next time please.

jg505

Old-Salt
Another false meat balls, dolmio sauce and tagliatelle, with garlic bread. So easy but so tasty. Started giving the GRO brand a try...... really much better than Quorn, etc.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Lamb chump chops, leeks my special way, boiled potatoes, gravy.

Orange jelly with mandarins, custard and squirty cream.

Yum. Comfort food.

Kirkz

LE
Lamb chump chops, leeks my special way, boiled potatoes, gravy.

Orange jelly with mandarins, custard and squirty cream.

Yum. Comfort food.
That nasty white shite in a can?
You're dead to me.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
That nasty white shite in a can?
You're dead to me.
Yep. That exactly. Handy when one is too idle to whip cream.

Worse it was the Lite variety!!!!

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
OK fess up with the leek malarkey...
Make leeks into strips about 2 inches long. Chuck into a frying pan with butter, garlic, pepper.
Pan on slowly until leeks are soft.
Remove from heat. Add a teaspoon of grainy mustard and a dollop of natural yoghurt, fromage frais or cream.
Stir until combined.

Enjoy with lamb. Or sausages. Or pork. Or anything really.

Make leeks into strips about 2 inches long. Chuck into a frying pan with butter, garlic, pepper.
Pan on slowly until leeks are soft.
Remove from heat. Add a teaspoon of grainy mustard and a dollop of natural yoghurt, fromage frais or cream.
Stir until combined.

Enjoy with lamb. Or sausages. Or pork. Or anything really.
Very similar to my 'secret' recipe. Put the leeks in an ovenproof disk, add butter and lemon juice, cover with tinfoil and place at the bottom of the oven whilst your roast is cooking. When ready to serve, stir in a spoonful of natural yoghurt or creme fraiche and top with chopped walnuts.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Shin of beef with mushrooms, tomatoes, sliced turnip and mega dumplings.

For some reason hubby got excited when I mentioned those ....
20200325_175743_resized.jpg

Plan A was jacket spuds with something. But, the spuds were manky, Plan B. Tuna fried rice: onion, garlic, ginger fried up in oil; Thai fish paste added, then rice; tuna at the end, good swirl. It tasted good. I didn't have the heart to tell the Light of my Life that the fish paste was so old that it was made from shrimps that had swum in seas at the same time the dinosaurs walked on land. Shhh!

Coronavirus Curfew Chilifest:

848B42BC-ACA4-4C1C-9B7B-27803BA03439.jpeg
4BA07F78-371A-4A7D-AD59-170AC8846655.jpeg

Feck me, I thought Thai Red Curry paste was supposed to be the cooler one. May be running through the lavatory paper stockpile (well, I bought four rolls the other day) quicker than expected. Hope I have freezer space...