Tonight I cooked..........

Today I Cooked, Onion Marmalade.
What a pretentious waste of good ingredients and energy.
Faffed about, slowly cooking onions, garlic, salt, pepper, red wine, vinegar, etc.
Took for ever, has to be kept in fridge, tastes of a poor Chutney.
Should have made soup and drunk the wine.
Moral of this story, don't believe every thing on foody TV.
CFB
Take an Orange from the box.
Probably worth trying again at some point.The shop bought are all far too sweet.

Faggots in West Country sauce, peas, home-made cheese & onion bread:

6FA5CDC5-6508-47F7-B680-FCF2C00DEA4B.jpeg

Warmed up rather than cooked, & bread from a packet, but tasty. Could probably have eaten a four pack of the faggots!

A Port of Lancaster large kipper and a baked potato.

I usually micro-ond kippers under cling de film, but this time after pulling the spud I gave the kipper ten minutes in the oven and do you know it was splendid.
IMG_6256.jpeg

1 slab of minced pork (Aldi or Lidl do them )

300 gms pig or lamb's liver

1 lge onion

Full pkt of sage and onion stuffing

1 oxo or beef stock pot

1 egg

Gently fry the onion in a little oil until soft.... if you don't, it will repeat on you for hours.

Roughly chop the liver in a blender, then add the other ingredients to mix well.

You should end up with enough for 4- 8 portions..... I'm the only one who loves them, so I roll the portions into sausages and freeze.

When you want to cook them, defrost, roll into balls, put into a dish or tinfoil tray. Mix up enough real Bisto gravy to 3/4 cover, with a sprinkle of oxo added.

Cover for 20 minutes at 160c then another 20 minutes opened to brown up. Serve with mash or chips and mushy peas.

Try it, then see how you can suit it to your taste. There's a fair amount of meat in it, you could probably add more stuffing mix to it, to bulk it out even more, or use stale breadcrumbs and your own herbs. I'll be interested in feedback, or suggestions.

Attachments

I'm not sure this working from home idea is going to end well. Lunch today which, unusually for me, actually looks appetising and has different colours. Tatties would have been mashed but the only potatoes I could get last week were starchy.

sausagelunch1.jpg

With the obligatory gravy to up the brown quota a bit.
sausagelunch2.jpg

Cheers, @vinniethemanxcat

I'd been put off making them in the past as I though they needed caul. And also because I wasn't sure if they'd be noxious, horrible memories of primary school lunches ;)

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Lockdown Special #24

Bantam egg omelette. The new "middle class must have", smaller eggs so you have to buy more, but get to gloat at poor people and their shite supermarket own brand battery hen crappy ovulations...

Grated mozerella and mature cheddar thrown in at the end just before folding, just so the stuff didn't stick to my no longer non stick, sticky pan.

IMG-20200324-WA0008.jpeg
IMG-20200324-WA0010.jpeg

Kirkz

LE
Lockdown Special #24

Bantam egg omelette. The new "middle class must have", smaller eggs so you have to buy more, but get to gloat at poor people and their shite supermarket own brand battery hen crappy ovulations...

Grated mozerella and mature cheddar thrown in at the end just before folding, just so the stuff didn't stick to my no longer non stick, sticky pan.

View attachment 459379View attachment 459381
Keeping hens in batterys has been illegal in the EU since 1st Jan 2012.
They can be kept in larger "enrichment" cages though.

Latest Threads