Tonight I cooked..........

They certainly look good, better than the Findus burn your mouth, or wait for them to cool to eat fat & stodge versions.
The dilemma many years ago. Come home from work but pub doesn’t open until six. You’ve had a quick wash, and you’re hungry. Findus crispy pancake it is. You doze in the armchair while it ‘bakes’ and wake up at five to. Do you wait for a bit for it to cool and eat said palatable pancake, or wolf it immediately when it is volcanically hot and you will burn your gullet, or go to the pub and eat it later when it is congealed and disgusting?
Well, what would you do?

Kirkz

LE
The dilemma many years ago. Come home from work but pub doesn’t open until six. You’ve had a quick wash, and you’re hungry. Findus crispy pancake it is. You doze in the armchair while it ‘bakes’ and wake up at five to. Do you wait for a bit for it to cool and eat said palatable pancake, or wolf it immediately when it is volcanically hot and you will burn your gullet, or go to the pub and eat it later when it is congealed and disgusting?
Well, what would you do?
Go to pub, get sh!tfaced, eat it when home and too hungry to give a feck.

@Rangdo

How about “not bother in the first place”.

How hungry can a person in modern Britain be?

Friends over this evening. Chicken Curry, Bombay Potatoes and Saffron Rice, with bits and bobs.
C17FDA44-83CA-4D93-9E0B-73D8ECDBF314.jpeg

@Rangdo

How about “not bother in the first place”.

How hungry can a person in modern Britain be?
Sorry, Tedsson, I was harking back to the good old days when a chap would have to graft and there was no all-day pub opening for some scoops on the way home.
Like you, I wouldn’t bother. Eating is cheating.
Just saw the crispy pancake earlier and it took me back somewhat.

I know you eats them, but all you'll taste is the shite you covered it in.
That poor animal died and you cover it's best bits in sugary syrupy gack until the real flavour is smothered.
What a waste.
There's only so much naked steak any man can eat. Its still awesome in rubs and sauces.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Stick it in the bin. Did no one ever explain to you that eating's cheating before going on the piss?
Edit: I see that they did and my typing is just too slow.

I know you eats them, but all you'll taste is the shite you covered it in.
That poor animal died and you cover it's best bits in sugary syrupy gack until the real flavour is smothered.
What a waste.
I think part of the problem is that our industrialised farming system has rendered a lot of food tasteless. People become used to covering food in sweet sauces as their taste buds have become accustomed to sweet food. Hardly surprising with sugar in virtually every processed food.

Youngsters seem genetically incapable of eating chips without an equivalent amount of tomato ketchup. I saw a kid put ketchup all over a pizza a few years ago - WTF! My best ever observation was in the local greasy spoon where some yob covered his full English with ketchup north to south and brown sauce east to west so that the food was barely visible.

I think the nations food tastes have been infantilised.

I think part of the problem is that our industrialised farming system has rendered a lot of food tasteless. People become used to covering food in sweet sauces as their taste buds have become accustomed to sweet food. Hardly surprising with sugar in virtually every processed food.

Youngsters seem genetically incapable of eating chips without an equivalent amount of tomato ketchup. I saw a kid put ketchup all over a pizza a few years ago - WTF! My best ever observation was in the local greasy spoon where some yob covered his full English with ketchup north to south and brown sauce east to west so that the food was barely visible.

I think the nations food tastes have been infantilised.
Spot on. And fast food has a lot to answer for. Burgers/chicken is now pre-slathered in ”flavourings”. Whichever is the one that week. BBQ, Texas, etc and heavily promoted. And people carry this on at home, if they do ever cook. Sticky, sweet goo on everything, and a bottle of pop on top.

Well, what would you do?
Wolf it down and go to the pud. Pissed up make another on return. Before then swamp yourself and leave your wet under cackers and jeans in the drive. Oh did I really say that.

Scrambly eggs, mushrooms and toms on soughdough

20200229_093339_resized.jpg

My best ever observation was in the local greasy spoon where some yob covered his full English with ketchup north to south and brown sauce east to west so that the food was barely visible.
This is very interesting. The chap concerned was clearly appraised of the requirement for 'sauce separation', and demonstrated an awareness of the orientation of his plate. I'm eager to know though -how did he overcome the small problem of the intersection?

Did you take any pictures?

A crime may have taken place.

Latest Threads