Tonight I cooked..........

Making chicken wings. rubbed them in a spice mix, pressure cooking them in coconut milk. Will then toss in a barbecue sauce I’ve knocked together with- garlic & chillie sauce, plum sauce, ginger, maple syrup,5 spice, habanero sauce.

Will then crisp them up.

Making chicken wings. rubbed them in a spice mix, pressure cooking them in coconut milk. Will then toss in a barbecue sauce I’ve knocked together with- garlic & chillie sauce, plum sauce, ginger, maple syrup,5 spice, habanero sauce.

Will then crisp them up.
My concern with chicken not grilled is - Soggy Wings.

How you gonna crisp them up?

BBQ'd British Beef Sirloin Steak (from Aldi) in Cowpat Dry Rub, grilled on the Weber Spirit with Sear Grates, doused in Made for Meat Black Garlic Sauce and served with mashed Carrots & Turnips drizzled in Flying Goose Sriracha Hot Sauce.....

Screenshot_20200228-122703_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200228-122717_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200228-122830_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200228-122843_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200228-122857_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200228-122910_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200228-123005_Instagram.jpg

Sadly, in a complete U-turn for military procurement, I was sacked and the whole Brownometer programme was shut down as a dismal failure.

I would have liked a final shot at that sauce.

985379A4-F1CD-4733-A1D2-12C9D14AB4B5.jpeg

On the upside, having demonstrated my complete and utter inability to deliver a functioning system on time and to budget I am now Programme Director (Advanced Systems) at BAe.

Did you make the chips from scratch?

If not, where did you get them.

I quite fancy that tonight.

They are McCain frozen triple cooked Gastro chips, most supermarkets flog them.

Dearer than their usual offerings, and no doubt less healthy, but you don't need many of them and they really do taste good compared to 'normal' oven chips.

Et Voila!

After pressure cooking:

2020-02-28 13.38.08.jpg

After crisping up

2020-02-28 14.11.21.jpg

Partial success. The pressure cooking in coconut milk definately imparts a pleasant and sweet flavour.

My bodged together bbq sauce appears to have "fell off" during the crisping stage. Still crispy, spicy and m,elt in the mouth though.

Et Voila!

After pressure cooking:

View attachment 452636
After crisping up

View attachment 452635

Partial success. The pressure cooking in coconut milk definately imparts a pleasant and sweet flavour.

My bodged together bbq sauce appears to have "fell off" during the crisping stage. Still crispy, spicy and m,elt in the mouth though.
I still think you've nailed it mate - they look awesome!

Rab_C

War Hero
They are McCain frozen triple cooked Gastro chips, most supermarkets flog them.

Dearer than their usual offerings, and no doubt less healthy, but you don't need many of them and they really do taste good compared to 'normal' oven chips.
Sainsburys also do their own taste the difference triple cooked in dripping, slightly cheaper and very good. I can not however recommend the Aldi own label ones.
Whoops was meant for @Tedsson

Kirkz

LE

Kirkz

LE
I eats it :applaud:

Edit: this was my 29th BBQ in 2020, I like every steak to taste different.
I know you eats them, but all you'll taste is the shite you covered it in.
That poor animal died and you cover it's best bits in sugary syrupy gack until the real flavour is smothered.
What a waste.

I've been away all week so its pancake day today.

Chicken, bacon and mushroom 'findus style' savoury ones, with salad
20200228_182751_resized.jpg

Crepes with sugar & lemon, and nutella & toasted hazelnuts
20200228_190822_resized.jpg