Tonight I cooked..........

This thread is 10 years old today. I´ve learnt a lot - thanks ladies and gents. Tonight I fried some chopped garlic in olive oil and added lots of chard leaves until it reduced to not very much. Delicious it was.
Did that go in the pot noodle?

Karamoja

Old-Salt
Used to love those Dutch licorice drops as a kid. The doube salted ones were my favourite. Apparently they're now only sold at certain shops in Holland, due to the health nazis' obsession with salt.

Anyhow, the Dutch bakery where I'd buy them as a kid closed and hadn't seen them for years, until my present job where Cloggie colleagues fuel my addiction, and I sate their lust for biltong.
There's

I agree, they were great. Haven't had one for over 30 years and your post certainly brought back memories.

Range stew for one, leftover spicy sausages with leftover pinto beans and tinned cherry tomatoes.

Sadly, or not really, stale diesel soaked RAOC bread was not available.

Very nice it was too, though I decided not to sit outside in the pissing rain to eat it, and merely swung a lamp instead.

DSCN4725.JPG

My mother's family came from Gouda and the stroopwafels from there were simply the best. The ones you buy here don't taste the same. Also have fond memories of the bottled yogurt you got from the milkman.
You can buy Stroopwafels in Lidl in Germany. Proper Dutch ones...lovely. I don't know if you get them in UK Lidl though.

Kirkz

LE
Stir fry pork.

20200225_233458-756x608.jpg

Chickpea, samp and bean curry. Breakfast of champions.

That's a ten litre kadai, full to the brim.

P2262884.JPG

#Totally random but ... informative post:

Intelligence suggests @Joker62 has been experimenting with his boundaries of "edgyness" and, not content with square plates with 'slaw on them... has been trying out...

The 'skinny jeans' and sculpted goatee look.

His sort make me sick.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
#Totally random but ... informative post:

Intelligence suggests @Joker62 has been experimenting with his boundaries of "edgyness" and, not content with square plates with 'slaw on them... has been trying out...

The 'skinny jeans' and sculpted goatee look.

His sort make me sick.
Skinny jeans?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You have seen pics of me, right? As for the goatee, yes, I get it trimmed on a monthly basis at the same time I go for a hot towel shave and a haircut.

Skinny jeans?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You have seen pics of me, right? As for the goatee, yes, I get it trimmed on a monthly basis at the same time I go for a hot towel shave and a haircut.
You disgust me. It's an open secret you are preparing your "Twickenham body" for the Army v Navy match - power-loading the pies to enable top girth, yet trying to pull off the "Hennry VIII" look in skintight leggings.

Will become slightly embarrassing when some RN cook, 3 weeks out of training, decks you outside The White Swan.

#Totally unwarranted and unprovoked attack on Joker there.

:)

Aaaand your none standard crockery... so there.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You disgust me. It's an open secret you are preparing your "Twickenham body" for the Army v Navy match - power-loading the pies to enable top girth, yet trying to pull off the "Hennry VIII" look in skintight leggings.

Will become slightly embarrassing when some RN cook, 3 weeks out of training, decks you outside The White Swan.

#Totally unwarranted and unprovoked attack on Joker there.

:)

Aaaand your none standard crockery... so there.
Er, one problem, I'm not going to the AvN.

Er, one problem, I'm not going to the AvN.
I see the date conflicts with a production at The Royal Opera House
The Dante Project

Which further fecks me up....
I wouldnt mind seeing that too.

I withdraw..

W@nker.

<Moonwalks out>

Latest Threads