Tonight I cooked..........

That looks great, can I ask how long and what temp to cook please?
We followed this recipe exactly. Two cooking cycles veg and meat first.

But for next time I will.

Drain the veg and meat mix before spooning it in. The bottom went a bit soggy and nobody likes that.

Add more chillies and spices.

Have fun.

Greek baked meatballs, Soutzoukakia.
20200224_181149.jpg

I like that. It explains my distaste for the evil vegetable that is celery. On the other hand, I don't mind broccoli (I eat it but wouldn't choose it) and quite like Marmite.
Same for me - though couldn't eat broccoli nor sprouts as a youngster.

There is a school of thought that goes along the lines of: our ancestors closely associated bitterness with things poisonous. Largely true, as most naturally occurring poisons are bitter. Hence we genetically reject these flavours.
It’s only much later that we have effectively trained ourselves to seek bitterness as something to savour, and not reject.
Henry VIII hated hopped beer, but accepted some of his court enjoyed it. I use this as an example as he is commonly cited as banning hops in ale.
I love bitter flavours, but some people really can’t stand them. And not just as a matter of taste. We may be built differently.

There is a school of thought that goes along the lines of: our ancestors closely associated bitterness with things poisonous. Largely true, as most naturally occurring poisons are bitter. Hence we genetically reject these flavours.
It’s only much later that we have effectively trained ourselves to seek bitterness as something to savour, and not reject.
Henry VIII hated hopped beer, but accepted some of his court enjoyed it. I use this as an example as he is commonly cited as banning hops in ale.
I love bitter flavours, but some people really can’t stand them. And not just as a matter of taste. We may be built differently.
Again, I must be weird. I really don't like overly sweet things either and as a kid didn't buy sweets with my pocket money. Things like Cinnabons, for example, just make my teeth itch, even it is somebody near me eating it.

Again, I must be weird. I really don't like overly sweet things either and as a kid didn't buy sweets with my pocket money. Things like Cinnabons, for example, just make my teeth itch, even it is somebody near me eating it.
You and I as cavemen would probably be dead, hunting poisonous roots whilst the rest of the tribe went for honey in a tree.

You and I as cavemen would probably be dead, hunting poisonous roots whilst the rest of the tribe went for honey in a tree.
Ahhh, but...They'd be getting stung by bees, falling out of said trees and competing with bears, while we would be exerting our energies trapping potatoes and hunting carrots and apples. Admittedly stalking mammoths could be a little tricky, but I reckon those anteaters and armadillos taste just lovely.

Used to love those Dutch licorice drops as a kid. The doube salted ones were my favourite. Apparently they're now only sold at certain shops in Holland, due to the health nazis' obsession with salt.

Anyhow, the Dutch bakery where I'd buy them as a kid closed and hadn't seen them for years, until my present job where Cloggie colleagues fuel my addiction, and I sate their lust for biltong.

Used to love those Dutch licorice drops as a kid. The doube salted ones were my favourite. Apparently they're now only sold at certain shops in Holland........
...and every supermarket, kiosk and gas station in Germany. They are delicious and the best thing about them is that after people have tried one, they never want another so you get to keep them all to yourself.

Ahhh, but...They'd be getting stung by bees, falling out of said trees and competing with bears, while we would be exerting our energies trapping potatoes and hunting carrots and apples. Admittedly stalking mammoths could be a little tricky, but I reckon those anteaters and armadillos taste just lovely.
Once one had had a few weeks of knawing wormwood, tackling a mammoth would be less scary.

Anyway, back on topic: found some bratwurst in the freezer this morning. Chopped up with onion and garlic. Pasta shapes on top and a cheese sauce on top of that.
3E21B7CE-8209-4B85-8C3D-DD909D68BB0F.jpeg

Just in case no one knows what a pasta bake looks like.
Final third is for a snack over the weekend, or me tomorrow.
Bon appetit, boys and girls!

This thread is 10 years old today. I´ve learnt a lot - thanks ladies and gents. Tonight I fried some chopped garlic in olive oil and added lots of chard leaves until it reduced to not very much. Delicious it was.

Latest Threads