Tonight I cooked..........

Wot?

With all the fine food that you cook, you don't have a dildo shaped pie funnel the size of Ben Nevis?

That Michelin star is fading away I'm afraid. :-D
Never used one. If a knife cut in the pastry was good enough for mother_mush, it's good enough for me.

And so they should, why chuck them away? Giblets inside the chicken used to be the norm in the UK and used to make excellent gravy etc., if not just boiled and fed to your dog.

I think that they fell out of fashion when the supermarkets expanded and now we have people with no concept of where meat comes from, it obviously grows in blue plastic trays covered by clingfilm.
totally agree, might have done something with them(but not the heart, never had one that wasn't tough as old boots) but, one cable , 10 amps max, halogenoven and induction hob takes about 9.9 amps , and the stewards already put me on the naughty step the first night here for the heinous crime of double plugging so no extra power, and no fecking gravy

And so they should, why chuck them away? Giblets inside the chicken used to be the norm in the UK and used to make excellent gravy etc., if not just boiled and fed to your dog.

I think that they fell out of fashion when the supermarkets expanded and now we have people with no concept of where meat comes from, it obviously grows in blue plastic trays covered by clingfilm.
Why would/should we boil the giblets for the dogs?
I feed my dog chicken livers, kidneys, hearts and lambs hearts....raw! They love it and it is so good for them.
However, once they have had the taste, don't leave your full organic expensive chuck on the low counter, whilst you're having a bevvie on the decking.
You cannot punish your own stupidity!.

Kirkz

LE
totally agree, might have done something with them(but not the heart, never had one that wasn't tough as old boots) but, one cable , 10 amps max, halogenoven and induction hob takes about 9.9 amps , and the stewards already put me on the naughty step the first night here for the heinous crime of double plugging so no extra power, and no fecking gravy
You're not cooking it properly.
Heart slow braised is fecking lovely.

ABNredleg

Old-Salt
Kozani chicken

28095EC2-348E-4860-BD4B-497DE330CAAB.jpeg

I somewhat reached Nirvana tonight. It’s been a long while in the making, but tonight was the fruition. I give you - BBQ Eggs! I did a beer-can chicken, and took the opportunity to make some Scotch Eggs on ’t Barbie.

36E0AE17-E869-4BED-B28B-691365D1FEB7.jpeg

461C89EC-1CC8-4FDD-A480-BB25F7549047.jpeg

C715F4C8-BE70-4431-ADA7-61F848BC37F4.jpeg

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
You're not cooking it properly.
Heart slow braised is fecking lovely.
Stuffed preferably and the sauce poured over the mashed potato.

Taste buds switching on now and I've not long finished breakfast.

Are you trying to reanimate the chook with that cable in the back of it, Viktor?

Yeah, I know it's a temperature probe. We calls it humour (note spelling).
Digital thermometer probe. I was skeptical, until I actually got one for Christmas. I can check the chicken on my iPad without even going outside. It’s very handy indeed for preventing undercooked chicken.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
If I know my Arrse lore (and I think I do), aren’t barbecued eggs a precursor to someone getting filled in? Who’s the unlucky chap?
I recall something about that, it was a long time ago, but I don’t recall the details. BBQ eggs are just a bit esoteric, so I thought I’d give it a go.

@supermatelot - not that bad. Takes 5 minutes to make the eggs. Start with cold hard-boiled eggs, make a patty of sausage meat and wrap round the egg. Roll in flour to coat, dip in beaten egg to coat, dip in breadcrumbs to coat. Bake 375F for 40 mins or so. Done. Takes 3 bowls and a bit of tolerance for having greasy, cruddy hands/fingertips for a few minutes. I wouldn’t bother in the UK, you can buy them in any supermarket for not very much, but apparently made of Unobtanium in these parts.

I recall something about that, it was a long time ago, but I don’t recall the details. BBQ eggs are just a bit esoteric, so I thought I’d give it a go.

@supermatelot - not that bad. Takes 5 minutes to make the eggs. Start with cold hard-boiled eggs, make a patty of sausage meat and wrap round the egg. Roll in flour to coat, dip in beaten egg to coat, dip in breadcrumbs to coat. Bake 375F for 40 mins or so. Done. Takes 3 bowls and a bit of tolerance for having greasy, cruddy hands/fingertips for a few minutes. I wouldn’t bother in the UK, you can buy them in any supermarket for not very much, but apparently made of Unobtanium in these parts.
But if you want scotch eggs with nicely runny yolks, they have to be hand made. Bit of a faff peeling a soft boiled egg, but if you chill the cooked egg in iced water before shelling it, it seems to help. It also prevents the yolk from setting when you deep fry the bugger.

Now I'm hungry

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
That's a pity. I'd hoped you were taking requests. That @supermatelot needs a beating with a half-empty plate.

You wouldn’t need to beat him with the plate.

Just pointing it in his direction will cause aneurysms, palpitations and shock.
I’ve said it before...I’m merely pointing out ‘the rules’. Following them rules’ leads to much better enjoyment and more fulfilling meal experience.

When I’ve got a bit of spare time, I’m gonna do a “Hitler’s response to...” parody using a ‘Downfall’ snippet...loosely based on @Roadster280 ’s reaction to when he hears @RoyalGreenJacket has posted another bbq based masterpiece!

”Hitlers response to roadster and rgj providing the bbq at The Eagle’s nest”

Latest Threads