Tonight I cooked..........

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Just had our Sunday dinner, roast pork, cauliflower and broccoli cheese, french beans carrots and roast potatoes with stuffing.
Now nodding off watching Shaun Murphy strolling to victory in the snooker.

91198B9D-4F84-4946-B594-D8204CD2F6A5.jpeg

A fairly labour intensive recipe, best for a bunch of people, but one of the best tapas I've ever eaten.

I don't think there were so many ingredients in the one I tasted, mainly minced mussel meat and serrano ham in the bechamel sauce.

Some of you might fancy giving it a try........

A fairly labour intensive recipe, best for a bunch of people, but one of the best tapas I've ever eaten.

I don't think there were so many ingredients in the one I tasted, mainly minced mussel meat and serrano ham in the bechamel sauce.

Some of you might fancy giving it a try........

That seems like a daft recipe to me. I don’t doubt that it tastes good but I don’t see the point of putting the mussels/bechamel mixture back into the half shell.

Why not just use the mixture in the same way you would make a jamon croqueta?

Much easier to eat.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Turkish stylee Börek with feta and spinach. Technically, this should be in the 'tonight I didn't cook' thread but I did assist in the preparation*

*By getting pissed in the kitchen and keeping an eye on the oven.

That seems like a daft recipe to me. I don’t doubt that it tastes good but I don’t see the point of putting the mussels/bechamel mixture back into the half shell.

Why not just use the mixture in the same way you would make a jamon croqueta?

Much easier to eat.

It's just so pretty served that way...... certainly make them as croquetas if you want, still damn tasty.

Kebabs of Salmon, Prawn and Scallop with a fishy sauce of chopped scallion, cabbage and broccoli using a quark base on wild and brown rice.
These kebabs come frozen in bags of 12 for £2.50 from a local market freezer stall. You can't get off cuts for fish pie for that! We've been stocking the freezers at home with them since they came in in the new year.

dinner 1.jpg

dinner 2.jpg

Pie. Chicken and mushroom pie.
20200216_175715_resized.jpg

Plated up with red cabbage
20200216_180659_resized.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
was roasting a chicken late this afternoon in the halogen oven , strange smell coming from it, a bit plasticy , but not unpleasant
******* Portuguese lidl bag up the giblets and shove them inside the carcass…. one of the Brit campers dogs had a treat tonight

was roasting a chicken late this afternoon in the halogen oven , strange smell coming from it, a bit plasticy , but not unpleasant
******* Portuguese lidl bag up the giblets and shove them inside the carcass…. one of the Brit campers dogs had a treat tonight

Stayed self- catering in Spain, a few years ago........ saw a lovely chicken in the supermarket.

Kids were horrified when I opened up the packaging, and the bloody head flopped out, from underneath, and then I realised it hadn't been gutted either......

WTF...... prepared to give it a go.

And so they should, why chuck them away? Giblets inside the chicken used to be the norm in the UK and used to make excellent gravy etc., if not just boiled and fed to your dog.

I think that they fell out of fashion when the supermarkets expanded and now we have people with no concept of where meat comes from, it obviously grows in blue plastic trays covered by clingfilm.

Latest Threads