Tonight I cooked..........

Tool

LE
Bobotie pizza

Ok, HiD made the base, but I made the bobotie*

***Edited to update - put Peppadews on with the bobotie, as we did not have chilis. Some ricotta dotted around - that's the white pieces. Sprinkled with cheddar cheese. Grilled for about 10 mins at 250C- thin-dough pizza.

*Lightly spiced, minced beef with an egg custard for the unitiated.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bobotie pizza

Ok, HiD made the base, but I made the bobotie*
*Lightly spiced, minced beef with an egg custard for the unitiated.
Did you have to drill a hole in the ceiling to take this pic from above?

Tomahawk Thursday last night -

BBQ'd Prime Beef Tomahawk Steak dry rubbed in Angus & Oink Moo-Mami seasoning and grilled over direct-heat on the Weber Kettle, then sliced and drizzled Hellmann's Mayo and Sriracha Hot Sauce in a soft Butter Naan Bread heated over the coals...

View attachment 449798View attachment 449799View attachment 449800View attachment 449801View attachment 449802View attachment 449803View attachment 449804View attachment 449805

Reminded me of good Gyros - but far tastier.
I can't tell you how good that tasted OMG :clap:
That’s it, I’m moving in!

Kirkz

LE
Are you generally OK as long as we keep our hands and feet away from your mouth.
I'm fine as long as everyone keeps away from my trough.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Top Tip: Don't cook with mixed leaf salad.

Tonight I reheated the remainder of yesterday's pork mince chilli. I also had the unused half a bag of mixed leaf salad. It was a bit past its best and not really in a condition to be served as a fresh salad. Doing my bit for the planet and for Greta's future, I tipped it into the chilli. It's just another bit of veg, was my reasoning.

Wrong.

Mixed leaf salad goes horribly bitter when cooked. Last night's gustatory pleasure became tonight's misery.

Do what the Frogs do and chuck a vinegary dressing on it.
Actually, I think that the SOP for bagged salad is to open it and eat it at the check-out. It has a shelf life of about fifteen minutes. There must be more bagged salad chucked away than any other single perishable item.

I'm fine as long as everyone keeps away from my trough.
That explains everything - shoving your head into the trough and making hoovering noises would account for the messy forehead.

I bet that the pigs don't get a look in. If they've clocked your skull collection then they probably keep their distance. :-D

Bit of smoked salmon
20200214_180925_resized.jpg

Steak frites
20200214_185029_resized.jpg

Chocolate fondant pudding
20200214_194001_resized.jpg

Tomahawk Thursday last night -

BBQ'd Prime Beef Tomahawk Steak dry rubbed in Angus & Oink Moo-Mami seasoning and grilled over direct-heat on the Weber Kettle, then sliced and drizzled Hellmann's Mayo and Sriracha Hot Sauce in a soft Butter Naan Bread heated over the coals...

View attachment 449798View attachment 449799View attachment 449800View attachment 449801View attachment 449802View attachment 449803View attachment 449804View attachment 449805

Reminded me of good Gyros - but far tastier.
I can't tell you how good that tasted OMG :clap:
Have you tried the sriracha mayonaise you can get? It's excellet for making potato salad.

Latest Threads