Tonight I cooked..........

Kirkz

LE
For those of us that operate on the demand rather than supply side of pies, how is a pie funnel different to a normal funnel?
Pie funnels are the other way up to a normal funnel IE the wide opening sits on the bottom of the pie and the smaller opening pokes out the top to let the steam out.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Any good cook would have more than 1 pie funnel.
I have 5.
I have 2. One in a box in the garage, the other has been put away by someone who has odd ideas about grouping stuff in kitchen cupboards ;-)

Much of my stuff is in the weird damp lean-to at the back of the house. I try to avoid going there.

Perhaps it's time to buy another pie funnel or two?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Pie funnels are the other way up to a normal funnel IE the wide opening sits on the bottom of the pie and the smaller opening pokes out the top to let the steam out.

You've got it!!! That little blackbird is Mine!!!
:) :) :)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I only use that one for baking four and twenty blackbird pies ^~
Are you sure we are talking about baking and four and twenty blackbird pies?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Camper nosh again ...would have been grilled pork spuds and veg, but her highness go blootered on the veranda this afternoon
So it was Lidl lasagne in the halogen oven again
It was ok

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Pastry looks fab, rough flaky?
Flaky, made with wholemeal plain flour. A first for me. I have started grating the fats into both flaky and rough puff (thank you Mary Berry, makes them easier to make and work, nicer to look at, and crispy).

Latest Threads