Tonight I cooked..........

And is the best cleaner known to man for removing fox poo from dog fur.

Genuinely.
'Fraid my dogs would remain covered in fox shit then :)

Not that there's any foxes round here, and at the end of the day I'd just send 'em in the lake, but I can categorically state that I will never rub ketchup in my dogs' fur :)

Troubling to admit but since coming here I have grown to like on occasion, sausage eggs and cinnamon pancakes with maple syrup. And a bit of peanut butter and jam on toast.
be kind.

Lunch today off the gf's office hotplate. I got a bit weird and mixed boerewors, cajun spiced chicken breast, and sage dressing.

I figured it was about time again to throw whats'ername a bone.

20200127_142838.jpg

OneTenner

Old-Salt
Fair enough, it's just that there is no comparison between the two.
Ketchup makes a really good 'enrichener' and flavour enhancer for dishes with reasonable amounts of tomato in, such as Chilli, Ragu (bolognese), even a curry. HP sauce works well in cottage or Sheperds pie and stews, in both cases it needs to be a reasonable dollop, a teaspoon or two won't cut it!.

Ketchup makes a really good 'enrichener' and flavour enhancer for dishes with reasonable amounts of tomato in, such as Chilli, Ragu (bolognese), even a curry. HP sauce works well in cottage or Sheperds pie and stews, in both cases it needs to be a reasonable dollop, a teaspoon or two won't cut it!.
I discovered jars of smooth Branston and Pickle in Lidl last week. No good for sandwiches but works well with a good tablespoon of the pickle chucked into stews.

Edited because of smartarse :)

Last edited:
Actually, I'm being a bit harsh on "liquid dogshit". I do in fact use in cooking, like @OneTenner suggests. Two cups of it in my fave BBQ sauce. But there's so much other stuff in it, the revolting smell is overtaken and it looks nothing like liquid dogshit.

Kirkz

LE
Actually, I'm being a bit harsh on "liquid dogshit". I do in fact use in cooking, like @OneTenner suggests. Two cups of it in my fave BBQ sauce. But there's so much other stuff in it, the revolting smell is overtaken and it looks nothing like liquid dogshit.
Ketchup for you cucumber for me, we all have our hates.

I use it in chilli paneer, crispy chilli beef and tikka massala dishes. Tablespoon or two helps can take the edge off or add that little bit extra.

Something I once discovered by chance, on exercise, was sprout sandwiches. Hot sprouts on buttered bread (Has to be butter, not bloody margarine). It is one of the most delicious things you will ever try. I branched out from there. Hot cabbage sandwiches work, however broccoli or cauliflower don't.

On one exercise I even had a pie sandwich with brown sauce and that was also delicious.

It seems that a couple of weeks into an exercise, when you are freezing cold, piss wet through, stinking, tired and hungry, some unusual combinations pay off.

But seriously, try sprout sarnies; you will never look back.
I can see it working with picalilli.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads