Tonight I cooked..........

We had some ‘nanas that were turning to mush, so I made a banana cinnamon raisin bread/cake thing.

B8D6DE37-5E87-4B25-9872-3B0569F8E06C.jpeg

Quite pleased with it; I rarely make cakes or sweets.

F07D5B0E-2FF9-458E-9529-01FB81E4E9BD.jpeg

Tonight's efforts

Prawns and chorizo with lots of garlic
20191208_182855_resized(1).jpg

Rack of lamb before plating
20191208_182955_resized(1).jpg

Rack of lamb, courgette souffle, potato puree, tomatoes, shallot, red wine reduction.
20191208_185908_resized(2).jpg

Pear poached in red wine
20191208_193207_resized.jpg

Kirkz

LE
I-40 runs more or less straight E-W through Tennessee. I’m about 25 mins from exit 407. That means if you drove from mine through Nashville to Memphis (exit 1), you’d have driven almost the entire width of TN. My county borders North Carolina, and Memphis borders Arkansas across the Mississippi.
Looks like that could be part of the trip Mukker.
Mind I might have to go over this again nearer the time as I'm no Mr Memory.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Your B3 must have been an eye-opener.

”Right lads, look in. This is how we fcuk up eggs. Joker, I know you know how to cook them properly, but from now on, you’re going to do it this way” :)
Summat like that, it was on a final trade test that I got the shitty eye from one of the tutors. One of the dishes was an omelette, left it until the last minute to cook it so it was still "baverse" (runny in the middle), tutor goes "cutting it a bit fine, chef", I just walked away smiling. 2 seconds later, "chef, get your arrse here", I amble over to be told that I was a cocky cunt for serving the omelette that way and he wouldn't be giving me a perfect score because of said cockiness. I learned then that no matter how qualified you are, someone will always try and fuck you over for it.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
That was a career thrown away...
Boredom had set in, career ceiling reached for my age (all of the other jobs I looked at were of a sideways move and less pay) so I joined up.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Tonight's efforts

Prawns and chorizo with lots of garlic
View attachment 435708

Rack of lamb before plating
View attachment 435710

Rack of lamb, courgette souffle, potato puree, tomatoes, shallot, red wine reduction.
View attachment 435709

Pear poached in red wine
View attachment 435711
Just a quick comment, as much as I like my red meat rare(and that lamb looks lovely btw), some on here would be losing the contents of their stomach over that. But saying that, I like the skin on my lamb a little darker.

Jesus Christ !!! 6 sausages!!!!! Tell me that is a 'Family Meal'??
It's a meal for 6 obviously given the chef's background....

Summat like that, it was on a final trade test that I got the shitty eye from one of the tutors. One of the dishes was an omelette, left it until the last minute to cook it so it was still "baverse" (runny in the middle), tutor goes "cutting it a bit fine, chef", I just walked away smiling. 2 seconds later, "chef, get your arrse here", I amble over to be told that I was a cocky cunt for serving the omelette that way and he wouldn't be giving me a perfect score because of said cockiness. I learned then that no matter how qualified you are, someone will always try and fuck you over for it.
Rule 1 of being a student: “Never let the teacher know you know anything. They regard it as an affront.”.

Your story reminded me of this (about 15 seconds in):

Veggie mince, mushrooms and peas on Linguine with a light sprinkle of parmesan.

Capture.JPG

ETA: I do prefer linguine over spaghetti, I know its the same stuff in a different shape but the juice/meat sticks to it better and it 'chews' better.

Last edited:
Sometimes, you just fancy something simple. Cheese and Onions on Toast with a dash of Worcester Sauce.
653B173E-5153-40E9-9A6F-3989925F6B9A.jpeg

Sausage, salad potatoes, green beans (and gravy, obviously). I may have made a slight miscalculation with how much green stuff was in the pan but it was all eaten so no real issue.

saus+veg.jpg

Kirkz

LE
Sausage, salad potatoes, green beans (and gravy, obviously). I may have made a slight miscalculation with how much green stuff was in the pan but it was all eaten so no real issue.

View attachment 435900
Nice but the colour balance is all to cock.

Karamoja

Old-Salt
Leftover roast chicken made into a soup/casserole, with potatoes, barley, onions, leeks, celery and carrots. Two bay leaves also chucked in. Looks like the dog's dinner but it was delicious. Dose of vitamin C for afters.

PhotoPictureResizer_191210_190948795_crop_2845x3074-400x432.jpg

Latest Threads