Tonight I cooked..........

When are you coming over, mate?

Just need a bit of notice to dig the grave :)
No need mate,nice thought though... I was planning on having you cremated :)

In a BIG green egg :)

Challenge my superior matelot wit...I double dare you :)

On reflection..I'm moonwalking back a bit now...

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
French onion soup always brings back good memories for me.
It was the first dish that Mrs Biff made for us in our very first shitty MSQ in BAOR 40 years ago. She 19, me 20.
She had done the whole recipe thing with garlic scraped toasted floater and thereafter we had a FOS once a week.
I'm not sure what the rest of the block of flats thought, as the place stank of garlic for 24 hours afterwards.
That looks bang tidy.
Do you still get it once a week? nudge nudge wink wink say no more.

Chicken and mushroom risotto using leftovers from last Sunday's roast and stock made from the carcass. 250g of risotto rice served me and Mrs D63 for dinner this evening and looks like we'll be eating it tomorrow as well. Any leftover after that'll get blitzed in the office microwave for my lunch on Tuesday.

No need mate,nice thought though... I was planning on having you cremated :)
Steady on, supermatelot, you’ve only just bought this new cooking gizmo and cooked carrots. Cremations? I have to admire your thinking big.
P.s. how much for the mother in law. Asking for a friend.

Kirkz

LE
220 miles, about 3 1/2 hrs, depending on traffic. BNA airport is this side of Nashville, more like 3hr15 to there.
I'll have to work out my route but Nashville is certainly on my list of places to go.
I'm planning on going top to bottom but not in a straight line if you know what I mean.

I'll have to work out my route but Nashville is certainly on my list of places to go.
I'm planning on going top to bottom but not in a straight line if you know what I mean.
Sorry to hijack, Kirkz...
I have always wanted to go the Great American Beer Festival in Denver and then go to Nashville. Mrs R hates the thought of going to the USA, so it’s only a pipe dream at the moment.
I’m still dreaming, though.

I have a better route planned. It goes a bit likle this...

MAN- Straight to the centre of Roadster's hospitality.

I'll counter his radio black magic with a bit of echo/fox-band radar theory...the ****** will be on the back-foot then.
Need to learn how to jumpstart a green egg though...

Sourdough and Camembert...

Starts off like this:

4902ECEE-6E39-40D2-AB2F-C77FB8943963.jpeg

Add garlic, herbs, honey, then becomes this:

3411DE01-99D5-4095-8D28-F7742A972806.jpeg

Kirkz

LE
Sorry to hijack, Kirkz...
I have always wanted to go the Great American Beer Festival in Denver and then go to Nashville. Mrs R hates the thought of going to the USA, so it’s only a pipe dream at the moment.
I’m still dreaming, though.
I drove across the USA from San Francisco to Tampa three years ago, sticking to the smaller roads mostly.
Did 4600 miles in 19 days and saw some awesome sights, I can highly recommend it Mukker.
Next time I want to go top to bottom in a sort of diagonal line, want to see Monument Valley and some stuff in Wyoming and Montana.
Nashville and Memphis are also on that list.
If I work out the route properly I'll stop by @Roadster280 just to try his BBQ stuff.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I don’t like biscuits and gravy.

There. I just did it :)

Should I expect an angry bloke coming over the hill in a Royal Mail uniform swinging a battleaxe?
Not if you said it in second class.

I drove across the USA from San Francisco to Tampa three years ago, sticking to the smaller roads mostly.
Did 4600 miles in 19 days and saw some awesome sights, I can highly recommend it Mukker.
Next time I want to go top to bottom in a sort of diagonal line, want to see Monument Valley and some stuff in Wyoming and Montana.
If I work out the route properly I'll stop by @Roadster280 just to try his BBQ stuff.
I-40 runs more or less straight E-W through Tennessee. I’m about 25 mins from exit 407. That means if you drove from mine through Nashville to Memphis (exit 1), you’d have driven almost the entire width of TN. My county borders North Carolina, and Memphis borders Arkansas across the Mississippi.

Been an envious lurker on this forum for months so thought I'd finally take the plunge. It will probably be a case of "Fcuk off back to lurking" but here goes anyway :-

View attachment 435655

Roast chicken, roast potato, roast onion, stuffing, sprouts, carrots, gravy and apple crumble for pud.
Spuds, sprouts, apples, vino (Bloody awful) and pointy grazing iron all home grown.
Welcome.

Looks like good scoff. Probably tastes good as well if you grew a lot of it.

Nice degree of Brownosity on the table as well.

Wyoming? Pop in and see LJonesy.

VERY impresed with these, prior to "crisping them, dropped one on the floor and it turned to mashed potato.
These have a very crispy exterior and Ive tasted too...exactly what you would expect in a spud1

View attachment 435654

View attachment 435650
Dem roasties look good SM.

Does your cooker thing do chips?

Doris bought me one of those Tefal rotary things once. I tried to chip up some King Teds (great cooked normally in a pan) and ended up with about two pounds of spudcrumbs.

Latest Threads