Tonight I cooked..........

I made a Chilli the other day and will be reheating it tonight when I get home, it's brown and then some. Can it wait that long?
That’s my dinner sorted. CCC and beer.

The field trial can wait but make sure the purply kiddley beenz don’t overwhelm the brownnessness.

What the holy **** is that Kirkz

or more to the point , where did you get the out of date can of compo stewed steak

meal fit for a King that Compo stewed steak with a few peas mixed in , and a dollop of Smash at the side
Cheeky bugger. That was a bag of onions caramelised down, then steak browned and added along with a bottle of Hobgoblin. After cooking that slowly for a few hours then mushrooms and peas added, served with freshly mashed spuds.

The fact it looks like Soviet famine relief is neither here nor there.

A different chicken tagine tonight, with apricots, rosemary, ginger, cinnamon sticks, onions, several large sliced chillies and honey. With buttered couscous topped with sliced preserved lemons.

DSCN4335.JPG

Froggy onion soup
20191203_175124_resized.jpg

French onion soup always brings back good memories for me.
It was the first dish that Mrs Biff made for us in our very first shitty MSQ in BAOR 40 years ago. She 19, me 20.
She had done the whole recipe thing with garlic scraped toasted floater and thereafter we had a FOS once a week.
I'm not sure what the rest of the block of flats thought, as the place stank of garlic for 24 hours afterwards.
That looks bang tidy.

Outstanding brown. @Tedsson, I think you have your test material.
I’m not sure that something which is automatically brown should be included in the trial.

Luckily Prof. Branestawm knocked up a handheld Brownometer to replace the cheap Chinese tat.

It saves wear and tear on the main Brownometer which is, sadly, about as reliable as a Chieftain.

However, calibrating it for fFrench potage d’oignon gives a sub-optimal reading.

343A35D4-1127-4F88-8767-5E0970DDA552.jpeg

French onion soup always brings back good memories for me.
It was the first dish that Mrs Biff made for us in our very first shitty MSQ in BAOR 40 years ago. She 19, me 20.
She had done the whole recipe thing with garlic scraped toasted floater and thereafter we had a FOS once a week.
I'm not sure what the rest of the block of flats thought, as the place stank of garlic for 24 hours afterwards.
That looks bang tidy.

Dunno. If you were in the French Army probably, “he haw, he haw, zat Madame Beef eez not feeding Monsieur Beef eenergh of zer garleek” ;)

Kirkz

LE
Your heads.

Sausages, roast Mediterranean veg, mustard sauce.
20191204_183323_resized.jpg

Lamb shawarma with soured cream & shallots in home made flatbread:

53884CBD-8A5C-4800-B708-EDB86D6F06C2.jpeg

You can tell flatbread home made as it’s a funny shape & slightly burned. Added a bit of home-made chilli sauce to one & also tried a bit of caramelised onion hummus. Neither particularly necessary.

Board is for putting together & photography.

Latest Threads