Tonight I cooked..........

I have recently taken to packet noodles, the range is amazing and from all over the world, adding spring onion and perhaps a fried egg gives you a complete lunch:

0FDFF09A-48DE-4555-B984-EFEC3A1B26D2.jpeg
IMG_5994.jpeg

Looks great, but what is Kombu and gyoza?
Already explained, but this is the soup base I use:

DB1EA279-10B1-4B22-AB7C-AAC2E4D651F5.jpeg

It’s mixed with water in different proportions depending on type of dish being made.

The dumplings can be found frozen in oriental shops, a big bag costs less than a pack of six of the things from Waitrose. They can be boiled like filled pasta, I also like to give them a quick fry although this time I used a mix of toasted sesame & vegetable oil & the sesame taste a bit too prominent so may use just vegetable oil in future.

Vegetables were from a frozen stir fry pack from Tesco. I added the spring onions as I’d prepped the meal before going out so the veg was getting onto the brown scale & didn’t look good, it would still be a perfectly good meal without using just stuff from stores.

All-in-all tasty & a jolly sight healthier than the average quick meal. I’ve had a rotten cold for a while, & the five spice really perked me up :)

Toad in the hole
20191122_190310_resized.jpg

20191122_190621_resized.jpg

Already explained, but this is the soup base I use:

View attachment 432152

It’s mixed with water in different proportions depending on type of dish being made.

The dumplings can be found frozen in oriental shops, a big bag costs less than a pack of six of the things from Waitrose. They can be boiled like filled pasta, I also like to give them a quick fry although this time I used a mix of toasted sesame & vegetable oil & the sesame taste a bit too prominent so may use just vegetable oil in future.

Vegetables were from a frozen stir fry pack from Tesco. I added the spring onions as I’d prepped the meal before going out so the veg was getting onto the brown scale & didn’t look good, it would still be a perfectly good meal without using just stuff from stores.

All-in-all tasty & a jolly sight healthier than the average quick meal. I’ve had a rotten cold for a while, & the five spice really perked me up :)
Sesame oil does have a strong flavour. I started diluting it with veg oil, and have been reducing the amount of sesame ever since. Now using the merest splash just to get a hint of the taste, but I can still tell it’s there.

Sausage, mushrooms and green stuff. With gravy obviously.

sossidgeveg.jpg

ABNredleg

Old-Salt
Roast chicken.

A4A2538F-CCD3-46A2-945A-51086DB992C0.jpeg

My fence could do with a lick of creosote if you're free next weekend.

Payment in kind to include beers & fish and chips, gravy optional. :-D
My good fellow, you are the last person to be criticising the brownness of another chap's gravy.

Truly, did the lord not say "Thou shalt cast the gallon of brown out of thine own gravy boat, and then thou shalt deal with thine brother's dirty plate".

Edit - Exhibit A

My good fellow, you are the last person to be criticising the brownness of another chap's gravy.

Truly, did the lord not say "Thou shalt cast the gallon of brown out of thine own gravy boat, and then thou shalt deal with thine brother's dirty plate".

Edit - Exhibit A
It's a fair cop, though I prefer my mate Lucifer's saying, 'Go on, go on, you know you want to, what harm could it possibly do?'

As long as it's topped wi' a runny Degg*, it's good to go.

= = = = =
* Fry Degg, Poach Degg, Bile Degg . . . . .
There was a cracking cafe 'The Barracks' that has sadly now closed, in the old grounds of the former RRF museum on the Bury/Bolton road(A580) who used to do a superb black pudding, poached egg, on artisan bread with a lush 'benedict' sauce(ish).
Sadly the owners turned it over as a cafe for the employees of the old museum building.
Prior to its closure, Mrs Biff and I were in there every other day, when we could find a seat. It was always well covered whatever time we visited, they must have been coining it in. I hope the owners are crying in their toilet pans.
If I had been handling it, I'd have expanded the cafe and fcuked off the business park, such was their performance. They managed a great image of the old bury road barracks and the menu and surroundings reflected this.
FYI, the b@stards shut it to the public!!:mad:

Last edited:
There was a cracking cafe 'The Barracks' that has sadly now closed, in the old grounds of the former RRF museum on the Bury/Bolton road(A580) who used to do a superb black pudding, poached egg, on artisan bread with a lush 'benedict' sauce(ish).
Sadly the owners turned it over as a cafe for the employees of the old museum building.
Prior to its closure, Mrs Biff and I were in there every other day, when we could find a seat. It was always well covered whatever time we visited, they must have been coining it in. I hope the owners are crying in their toilet pans.
If I had been handling it, I'd have expanded the cafe and fcuked off the business park, such was their performance. They managed a great image of the old bury road barracks and the menu and surroundings reflected this.
FYI, the b@stards shut it to the public!!:mad:

As a Fusilier of 30 years, I weep.

Latest Threads