Tonight I cooked..........

I particularly like the crazy pavementesque placing of the duck for maximum plate coverge.
There are also peas. Sometimes dismissed as the “lazy man’s veg” , I think they have a nobility of their own. I applaud their display this evening.
With the meat, simple, yet powerful.

Splendid table. Whopping bird, are you entertaining?
If not, what are doing with the leftovers?
Nope, I'm Billy no mates, but I've been trying to get a pair of goose legs for the last 3 years at xmas from local butchers or goose suppliers but although they sometimes sell goose crowns the legs are presumably sent to europe. So, seeing this for sale at not too steep a price I thought I'd go for it.

The second leg will be scoffed cold with pickles etc., and the rest will go into a Madhur Jaffrey duck vindaloo recipe which I've made before.

Kirkz

LE
Nope, I'm Billy no mates, but I've been trying to get a pair of goose legs for the last 3 years at xmas from local butchers or goose suppliers but although they sometimes sell goose crowns the legs are presumably sent to europe. So, seeing this for sale at not too steep a price I thought I'd go for it.

The second leg will be scoffed cold with pickles etc., and the rest will go into a Madhur Jaffrey duck vindaloo recipe which I've made before.
Carcass for stock pot?

Saturday I made a pizza, variously called sheet pizza, or up in New Jersey it is called Grandma Pie.

The dish is 15" x 21" and ended up containing enough pizza to feed six...........I know this because the three of us left half of it in the pan, it is cheap to make, and bloody filling, for the topping you can use whatever you fancy I used pepperoni and Italian sossidge. Beofre anyone comments.....we like out pizza's crispy and a bit burnt.

how to upload pictures online

Sunday I had a hankering to make an apple pie, my second attempt, the first being a while back.

Wind yer necks in ...Lofties..!

I'm the arbiter of crockery around here and.. @Roadster280 ' missus appears to have accepted my previous "guidance".

Trying to sort an aerial idea out now for a crystal radio config with a ferrite core...
Bastard probably won't help me now though

:)

Saturday I made a pizza, variously called sheet pizza, or up in New Jersey it is called Grandma Pie.

The dish is 15" x 21" and ended up containing enough pizza to feed six...........I know this because the three of us left half of it in the pan, it is cheap to make, and bloody filling, for the topping you can use whatever you fancy I used pepperoni and Italian sossidge. Beofre anyone comments.....we like out pizza's crispy and a bit burnt.

Sunday I had a hankering to make an apple pie, my second attempt, the first being a while back.

It has the vile stench of deep dish pizza about it.

We used to do them in the Antarctic. Not the foul deep dish thing of course, but the normal thin base type. When making pizza we'd make a dish for the team for dinner and two extra ones to go in the fridge for movie snacks and such.

None of it ever made it beyond the next day's breakfast.

I like my pizza well done like that. I really hate soggy undercooked pizza. Same with naan bread. I always ask to have it cooked a bit more.

For the full Italian effect you could have called the apple pie a torta di mele reticolare.

(I went from Sorrento to Capri one morning. I got off the jetfoil thing in the harbour and walked to the funicular. On the quay I passed an old drunken bloke sitting on the ground propped up against the harbour wall. He had a huge rectangular tray of pizza - bit like yours - on his lap. And a huge bottle of Chianti next to him. Pissed out of his skull. At 09:00, so obviously overdid the breakfast of champions.

He looked happy as a pig in . . .)

I like my pizza well done like that. I really hate soggy undercooked pizza. Same with naan bread. I always ask to have it cooked a bit more.

For the full Italian effect you could have called the apple pie a torta di mele reticolare.

(I went from Sorrento to Capri one morning. I got off the jetfoil thing in the harbour and walked to the funicular. On the quay I passed an old drunken bloke sitting on the ground propped up against the harbour wall. He had a huge rectangular tray of pizza - bit like yours - on his lap. And a huge bottle of Chianti next to him. Pissed out of his skull. At 09:00, so obviously overdid the breakfast of champions.

He looked happy as a pig in . . .)
Capri? :)

Latest Threads