Tonight I cooked..........

Wish my poached eggs consistently turned out like that when I first started making them!
Who said anything about consistent? I've poached the grand total of one egg in my life :)

I'll try another tomorrow. Might push the boat out and have two. Possibly even butter the bread. The one I had earlier had Maggi Würze on the toast. So perhaps tomorrow it will be two eggs, one with Würze on the toast, the other Marmite and butter.

To be fair, I didn't miss the butter, the gooey egg and Würze meant the toast wasn't dry.

Who said anything about consistent? I've poached the grand total of one egg in my life :)
What I meant was cracking (badoom-tish) effort. I’m certain my first poached egg wasn’t so neat!

I ended up buying little nets on sticks, like a large tea strainer with an upright handle, to do plenty of poached eggs at once. Before my ex-wife left me eggs benedict were a regular weekend breakfast, & producing two eggs each for the three of us at the same time quite a challenge.

Londo

LE
This afternoon ( not tonight ) I cooked one eggplant picked fresh from the garden , chopped up and cooked with bacon bits and mushrooms . Last ten minutes added double cream into the pan and a good shake of pepper . served on buttered toast . Total heart attack on a plate but very , very tasty .

Last edited:
...Niki Segnit’s “The Flavour Thesaurus” refers to anise being a complimentary flavour for strawberries. Think this might work...
The Chinese think it works with beef and most beef dishes they make contain the vile star anise.

It doesn't work.

That would be the posing cunt who preys on the weak minded by selling them snail porridge at stupid squids a portion.

Phucque him.

I'll try another tomorrow. Might push the boat out and have two. Possibly even butter the bread. The one I had earlier had Maggi Würze on the toast. So perhaps tomorrow it will be two eggs, one with Würze on the toast, the other Marmite and butter.

To be fair, I didn't miss the butter, the gooey egg and Würze meant the toast wasn't dry.
Try a splash of vinegar in the water. it doesn't taint the egg at all but helps the white solidify. And for the true millennial snowflake experience, mashed avocado on the toast, couple of rashers of crispy bacon, poached egg and a couple of grilled cherry tomatoes. To wash it down, a glass of tomato juice, dash of lemon juice and Worcester ....basically a Bloody Mary without the alcohol.
Breakfast of champions.

Wish my poached eggs consistently turned out like that when I first started making them!
I always had a disaster poaching eggs
So I bought a cheap poacher , (I know , they are coddled if you do that, we've been through this argument many times)...quick spray in the cups with spray lite then wipe out with kitchen roll and they pop out without sticking ....boil the water before adding the cups ..5_5 /5 mins gives the perfect egg, never failed , have them at lunch at least once a week

The Chinese think it works with beef and most beef dishes they make contain the vile star anise.

It doesn't work.
I really like anise flavours in all sorts of scoff. Sorry.

Last night someone cooked for me:

E2085ECB-569C-4D39-B9EC-492F97C89ABB.jpeg

19C58D05-4182-4674-97DB-5ED3415B7A52.jpeg

This was quite special.

B3B720B7-EC9E-4402-B388-58C384AAD93E.jpeg

8012A02E-7A0D-47B3-9E95-340E9A832339.jpeg

This was, unless I’m out of practice, one of the hottest things I’ve ever willingly consumed!

The Thai restaurant is in The Heron on Sussex Gardens between Paddington & Edgware Road. From the outside it looks like a dodgy estate pub, & from the inside an old man’s one & it’s full of geezers. However the welcome is warm, the Stella about the cheapest in Central London (or so I’m told, I don’t drink alcohol) & the food simply superb.

I always had a disaster poaching eggs
So I bought a cheap poacher , (I know , they are coddled if you do that, we've been through this argument many times)...quick spray in the cups with spray lite then wipe out with kitchen roll and they pop out without sticking ....boil the water before adding the cups ..5_5 /5 mins gives the perfect egg, never failed , have them at lunch at least once a week
Mine are a set of these:

E058DCCD-260F-42FD-9DCD-B4BD1A089D59.jpeg

As water gets at them through mesh (which is too fine to let egg out) I think they’re poached not coddled eggs.

Mine are a set of these:

View attachment 417729

As water gets at them through mesh (which is too fine to let egg out) I think they’re poached not coddled eggs.
Poaching is just another word for coddling....doesn't matter, as long as they are cooked and soft and runny, with seeded toast...I have the poacher in the van here over in France, but the it's been too bloody warm for poached eggs, maybe next week

Egon Ronay walt.