Tonight I cooked..........

When you make up your fruit jelly, instead of topping it up with cold water, have you tried using a good hoppy beer/lager instead? :chef::thumright:
Never crossed my mind, I'm not generally a fan of hoppy beer but I'll give it a try. Whereas champagne, gin and a dash of bitters; now there's a proper jelly

The current mrs_mush has a taste for goat butter,

May I just interject and point out (I'm sure I don't need to though) just how wrong that sounds!

I will warn you now, this issue will be raised in my forthcoming treatise on plateology, food arrangement and regulations wrt Pi & magnetic north.

You may be required to buy different wine glasses, or take into account refraction angles. Or even do away with knives altogether.
It's a tricky one.

Have you considered removing overghead lighting and just using candlelight? I think that could work.

Edit: I missed the obvious...you built your house facing the wrong way. You need to rotate it 30 degrees to the right so the sun is astern of you at dinner time!

I will warn you now, this issue will be raised in my forthcoming treatise on plateology, food arrangement and regulations wrt Pi & magnetic north.

You may be required to buy different wine glasses, or take into account refraction angles. Or even do away with knives altogether.
It's a tricky one.

Have you considered removing overghead lighting and just using candlelight? I think that could work.
Those wine glasses were part of my retirement gift from the Corps. Over my dead fcuking body, are they getting replaced.

The day you drag your sorry ass over here for a holiday, I will force feed you Miller Lite in those fcuking glasses.

You've done it now, shitlips :)

Those wine glasses were part of my retirement gift from the Corps. Over my dead fcuking body, are they getting replaced.

The day you drag your sorry ass over here for a holiday, I will force feed you Miller Lite in those fcuking glasses.

You've done it now, shitlips :)
It's a brave decision you've made. How long will it take you to rotate and dress your new house off to the right a bit?

You're probably just better off binning the knives to be honest.

Maybe stick to Chinese food and use chopsticks??

It's a brave decision you've made. How long will it take you to rotate and dress your new house off to the right a bit?

You're probably just better off binning the knives to be honest.

Maybe stick to Chinese food and use chopsticks??
If you only fcuking knew...

It took about a week of pissing about trying to figure out where the pink line in this shot would end up. It's the N-S axis. South being toward the trees. What is now the dining room is above the rectangular cut out bit with no gravel in it. Half the problem was that we laid out the original axes, then had to excavate 15ft down.

IMG_6465.jpg

If you only fcuking knew...

It took about a week of pissing about trying to figure out where the pink line in this shot would end up. It's the N-S axis. South being toward the trees. What is now the dining room is above the rectangular cut out bit with no gravel in it. Half the problem was that we laid out the original axes, then had to excavate 15ft down.

View attachment 417500

I blame lack of clipboards, white hardhats and hi-viz.

As for holiday there...

@Kirkz and I will plan a mini break :)

I've not done a curry flavoured custard, but I have made cardamon cream and ice cream. Very nice.

I'm also a fan (when the current mrs_mush is away) of adding a cardamon pod to my cafetiere. But then I'm a bit weird like that
Crack the pod and discard it, keeping the seeds (the husk is near flavourless). Slightly crush the seeds with the back of a spoon and add to your brew. Also works with hot choc.

Also works the other way round , add curry powder to a trifle and you get flavours you never knew existed.
Some weird combinations can be seriously lush.

Try fresh strawberries, pour on a liqueur (Cointreau, Benedictine: Southern Comfort works well), tiny sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper and a bog dollop of thick cream.

And use the same liqueur instead of a dessert wine.

You can use balsamic vinegar (or that thick balsamic vinegar glaze stuff) instead of a fancy liqueur (Ooh err missus). Or both!

@mush_dad - try it on the missus. The strawberries that is.

You can use balsamic vinegar (or that thick balsamic vinegar glaze stuff) instead of a fancy liqueur (Ooh err missus). Or both!
I do that already, although I don't touch that thick syrupy glaze stuff. I just add a dash of balsamic and some freshly ground pepper. I've noticed over the years that on the continent they rarely put cream or ice cream on their strawberries. Mostly balsamic

Kirkz

LE
The balsamic glaze is just balsamic vinegar reduced down to a thick syrup.

Talking of snacks...

I just fancied a poached egg. I have never poached an egg before. Always fried, boiled, scrambled etc. So here we are:

IMG_2471.JPG

Quite pleased with how it turned out.

IMG_7401.JPG

Latest Threads