Tonight I cooked..........

Help me out here.

Was that taken before eating, or after digesting?
Now you're just being silly. I wouldn't bother cooking a batch of rice just to have a dump on it.

I'd go for something like couscous, much quicker.

No gravy tonight.

Mushroom chilli / bolognese type thing. Not as good as the cow version, there wasn't much in the way of mushroom flavour or texture in there. With the addition of a couple of Oxo cubes, some beef stock and some Worcestershire sauce I managed to avoid being vegan and the remnants of a bottle of peri-peri sauce upped the heat a bit. Plus a big bag of spinach.

View attachment 415780

Tedsson, I wouldn't even bother with the brownometer this time.
That's just wrong.

Now you're just being silly. I wouldn't bother cooking a batch of rice just to have a dump on it.
And to think I was ready to give you 10/10 for your mastery of your sphincter, then you turn round and slap me in my face like that!

Some people . . :roll:

No gravy tonight.

Mushroom chilli / bolognese type thing. Not as good as the cow version, there wasn't much in the way of mushroom flavour or texture in there. With the addition of a couple of Oxo cubes, some beef stock and some Worcestershire sauce I managed to avoid being vegan and the remnants of a bottle of peri-peri sauce upped the heat a bit. Plus a big bag of spinach.

View attachment 415780

If you're looking for a veggie version, though I hate to admit it, the Quorn "mince" makes a more than passable bolognese/"non carne" sauce.
I use it on my sister as she's a veggie & she rates the stuff I make her highly.

If you're looking for a veggie version, though I hate to admit it, the Quorn "mince" makes a more than passable bolognese/"non carne" sauce.
I use it on my sister as she's a veggie & she rates the stuff I make her highly.
@Ortholith

I have been favourably impressed by the stuff sold at Waitrose from The Vegetarian Butcher company: from memory they're the brainchild of a Dutch guy, and are mushroom-based(?), but they must be processed somehow, because their 'chicken' is tasty and not far off the texture of the real thing.

I dunno if they make a mince lookie-likee, but if they do, you might want to try it instead of off the shelf mushrooms, should you dare to experiment again.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I had occasion to pop into my local Tescos the other day. Now, we've all heard of Heck sausages, it now seems that they now do "square sausage". It can't be much of a seller as there were around a dozen packs in the reduced section priced at 1.25 a pack, so I snapped the lot up. Cooked up a batch of them yesterday, slung them in white rolls for breakfast, not as fatty as the Jock stuff but quite tasty.

No gravy tonight.
Sadly, at the moment, the KB(P) is undergoing a radical overhaul in a top secret facility in Stevenage. It cannot therefore be deployed in the War Against Beige.

Oscillators are being defibrillated. Photosensors are being discombobulated. A fully armoured, weapons grade, militarised version is in the offing.

The KB(P) Mk.II will be trialled soon.

Kirkz

LE
Sadly, at the moment, the KB(P) is undergoing a radical overhaul in a top secret facility in Stevenage. It cannot therefore be deployed in the War Against Beige.

Oscillators are being defibrillated. Photosensors are being discombobulated. A fully armoured, weapons grade, militarised version is in the offing.

Don't forget to add the new tungsten carbide needle.

Don't be bloody dense. It's the pump for the chemtrail dispenser on the A380. With Mod #219.002 it becomes a highly efficient gravy pump for sampling brownosity at twice the rate of the standard Clenchthistle Articulating Flangewobbler.

No gravy tonight.

I read on here somewhere that if you’re using mushrooms in anything “stewie” it’s best to cook them separately as they’ll keep their taste and texture.

Works for me.

Good plan. Got to try a vegetarian kohlrouladen for someone and frying a load of mushies in butter and garlic until tough and leathery with intense flavour may be a nice addition to the bloody awful soy mince and rice used as a filling.

Donny

ADC
I read that as I sat down for some lunch which, coincidentally, is exactly as you describe (albeit made with the Sainsbury’s own brand version rather than quorn). I’ve no plans to turn vege but a bowl of food that has all the flavour of the meaty version, but is dead healthy, just seems like a no brainer.
41A60BDE-3F36-4B71-A2F0-B6FC1680903D.jpeg

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

All fitted for but not with I assume so it will be as much use as the last one.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't be bloody dense. It's the pump for the chemtrail dispenser on the A380. With Mod #219.002 it becomes a highly efficient gravy pump for sampling brownosity at twice the rate of the standard Clenchthistle Articulating Flangewobbler.
Ah, the one that was operated by
the girl that makes the thing
That drills the hole
That holds the spring
That drives the rod
That turns the knob
That works the pump for the chemtrail dispenser.
In fact she was the girl that makes the thing
That holds the oil
That oils the ring
That takes the shank
That moves the crank
That works the pump for the chemtrail dispenser

Sssshhhh FFS.

Loose lips sink Brownometers. Or something.

Latest Threads