Tonight I cooked..........

Kirkz

LE
Glorious day today, tidied the garden whilst listening to TMS, then laid out the first proper BBQ of the season

View attachment 412778
Sweetcorn, pulled kleftico lamb with flatbread, ribs, bbq roasted potatoes.
And on proper crockery, there on some on here who could learn a lot from you :wink:

Glorious day today, tidied the garden whilst listening to TMS, then laid out the first proper BBQ of the season

View attachment 412778
Sweetcorn, pulled kleftico lamb with flatbread, ribs, bbq roasted potatoes.
That lamb looks lovely! Recipe and method please.

Three 500g Ribeye steaks for £10 at a local market. We looked at similar in Costco that were £40 for 4.
500g ribeye.JPG

Hot day today so fired up the BBQ which resulted in:

Surf n turf..JPG

Surf ' Turf.
Garlic jumbo prawns on a bed of couscous and green veg medley.
The dog appreciated her share too.
If I am honest, I over cooked it as I was too impatient to bring up the heat before searing it.

That lamb looks lovely! Recipe and method please.
One joint of lamb - shoulder , leg, or butterflied leg. We had a butterflied leg.
Mix up 1/2 glass olive oil, 1 glass dry white wine, 1/2 glass white wine vinegar, 1 tbs sugar, 2 chopped shallots, 2 crushed cloves of garlic, chopped rosemary and any other herbs you have to hand fresh or dried. Marinate meat overnight.

Next day make a foil parcel or use a small roasting dish that can be sealed, pour the marinade over the joint, seal with foil and cook for 3-4 hours at 140 deg.

Carefully open the dish or foil parcel and remove the joint, saving the marinade and juices. transfer joint to coolest part of the BBQ and cook for 30- 45 mins more, turning and basting with the saved marinade. Keep some marinade back

Transfer to chopping board and allow to cool slightly before shredding the meat and mixing with the last of the marinade.

Service on warmed flatbreads with rocket, tomato and top with raita

One joint of lamb - shoulder , leg, or butterflied leg. We had a butterflied leg.
Mix up 1/2 glass olive oil, 1 glass dry white wine, 1/2 glass white wine vinegar, 1 tbs sugar, 2 chopped shallots, 2 crushed cloves of garlic, chopped rosemary and any other herbs you have to hand fresh or dried. Marinate meat overnight.

Next day make a foil parcel or use a small roasting dish that can be sealed, pour the marinade over the joint, seal with foil and cook for 3-4 hours at 140 deg.

Carefully open the dish or foil parcel and remove the joint, saving the marinade and juices. transfer joint to coolest part of the BBQ and cook for 30- 45 mins more, turning and basting with the saved marinade. Keep some marinade back

Transfer to chopping board and allow to cool slightly before shredding the meat and mixing with the last of the marinade.

Service on warmed flatbreads with rocket, tomato and top with raita
Sounds delicious - thank you.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
And? Thought this was "Tonight I cooked"??

Cooked for my students and for my Dad. They chose their own salad etc etc to go with.
I think the "and" was for what are they.

aka dumplings from Herr Schicklgruber country:

Spaetzle.jpg

or, more correctly, "Browned Crispy Spaetzle with Caramelized Shallots and Mushrooms". I also mixed some parmesan cheese through once cooked. The sprogette and I enjoyed; when the sprog gets in later, he and his girlfriend can have the rest.

*** So what. The orientation is not geo-plotted, and the brown scale is indifferent at best. The eating irons are absent as well. Tough.

Kirkz

LE

View attachment 412850

or, more correctly, "Browned Crispy Spaetzle with Caramelized Shallots and Mushrooms". I also mixed some parmesan cheese through once cooked. The sprogette and I enjoyed; when the sprog gets in later, he and his girlfriend can have the rest.

*** So what. The orientation is not geo-plotted, and the brown scale is indifferent at best. The eating irons are absent as well. Tough.
Lacking in it's shade of brown and that crockery is no where near ghastly enough.
Must try harder.

View attachment 412850

Take 3 likes; one for the food, one for the crockery (excellent choice as it looks like mine) and one for ignoring Herr Supermatelot of the food orientation Gestapo :)

Last edited:

Latest Threads