Tonight I cooked..........

Started using miso a bit:

3D1F9DD2-1ED4-4047-8D28-6AA3AE8EBE25.jpeg

Honey & brown miso glazed roast pork with sesame seeds & spring onions.

D8F6FD63-1F71-4A86-BEB6-1448AC735ADE.jpeg

Oh, & made some more of my lime pickle:

F501BB67-DEAB-4DA2-8F64-E4405625A3CE.jpeg

Two litre jar this time as it takes a year to mature properly. Should be coming on stream in a couple of weeks!

...Fry chicken in hot wok until any water has evaporated...
Have you tried adding the chook last and cooking for no more than a few seconds before turning off the heat, then letting it stand to cook with residual heat?

I find it leaves the chook more tender and juicy than trying to cook it for longer periods. Chook breast in particular benefits from this method as it's otherwise dry and rubbery.

Last edited:
On the subject of spam...isn’t that a staple food of Hawaii ? Or have I misread that somewhere...

Tonight a year ago I cooked:

68CE4F7A-098F-436F-A3DD-F3C60D3C3A73.jpeg

Spinach, mint, feta, parmesan & mozzarella pie.

D7FD6A90-9242-4A0E-AC52-BD93CC262CCB.jpeg

Tomato, red onion & basil salad.

Cooking:
Chop peppers, onion, chilli and chicken (veg before meat to avoid excess washing up).
Fry chicken in hot wok until any water has evaporated.
Add veg and seasoning, cook until there's not much liquid left.
If the veg is to be cooked, then it won't matter if you've chopped the chicken with the same knife first.

Have you tried adding the chook last and cooking for no more than a few seconds before turning off the heat, then letting it stand to cook with residual heat?
I usually cook the chicken/meat first on nuclear heat to get a decent crisp/browning on the meat whilst leaving the inside tender. I then spoon the meat out and wrap in foil and leave in a warm place before re-heating the pan again and flash frying the veg with 2/3 of the the spices. Re-adding the meat just before the seasoning and remaining spices and a quick stir around. Result nicely charred meat than is tender and succulent, and nicely charred veg that still has a crispness.

RoyalGreenJacket

On ROPS
On ROPs
6 hr Smoked and Shredded Leg of Lamb Shoulder* with Roasties and Veg...

1566202226315.png

1566202260258.png

1566202291128.png

1566202316157.png

1566202356910.png

1566202407690.png

*initially posted with name of wrong body part.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
If the veg is to be cooked, then it won't matter if you've chopped the chicken with the same knife first.

I usually cook the chicken/meat first on nuclear heat to get a decent crisp/browning on the meat whilst leaving the inside tender. I then spoon the meat out and wrap in foil and leave in a warm place before re-heating the pan again and flash frying the veg with 2/3 of the the spices. Re-adding the meat just before the seasoning and remaining spices and a quick stir around. Result nicely charred meat than is tender and succulent, and nicely charred veg that still has a crispness.
Another way is to pre fry the chook on high heat after letting it sit for a few minutes in a coating of corn starch, egg white and seasoning. Crisps up the outside and leaves the middle juicy. Remove from heat and add in the final stage of cooking when the dish comes off the stove.

Can also be kept in the fridge for a few days and works well in salads.

We calls it Chinese KFC but it has another name used by the blokes who know what they're doing.

RoyalGreenJacket

On ROPS
On ROPs
BBQ'd Bacon Rashers & Lardons, Egg & Cheese with Tabasco, Breakfast Flatbreads...

1566208493474.png

1566208531810.png

1566208561112.png

1566209314044.png

1566209285736.png

1566209425288.png

RoyalGreenJacket

On ROPS
On ROPs
Since we are talking about what I cooked last year stuff, I somehow managed to pull this off..for 4th of July..a raspberry and blueberry cake...it took me a long time but did it in the end.

Fabulous that.

Since we are talking about what I cooked last year stuff, I somehow managed to pull this off..for 4th of July..a raspberry and blueberry cake...it took me a long time but did it in the end.

Very good indeed! The soon-to-be-ex-MrsPlume made this for a Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Party:

36AF55C0-6D8C-433E-B55C-3215E79D996B.jpeg

RoyalGreenJacket

On ROPS
On ROPs
Magnificent!

I presume you are retired, as I don't have time on a morning to fire up the barbie!!
That was Sunday's breakfast, sadly I can't do this Monday to Friday, yet.

However - I mostly use the gas BBQ for Brekkie as I can fire it up quickly to get the show on the road whenever the last member of my family is out of bed.

Latest Threads