Tonight I cooked..........

Kirkz

LE
I've got the attachment for my mixer, and made them before. I wasn't very happy with the casings I had - too thick, the recipe - missing something, but couldn't say exactly what, and the texture was too coarse.

I can fix the casings by buying different ones, and the texture by double or triple grinding. I might try again, and get the recipe for Cumberlands - hadn't thought of doing Cumberlands.

Just need some round tuits, and we're good :)
I have a round tuit you can borrow.

Serpico

Old-Salt
I love rice dishes (savoury, that is). To make them work, they have to be made in large quantities. Paella, risotto, biryani are all “big” dishes, and doing them at home for 2, or 4, they don’t quite come off.
I too absolutely f*cking love savoury rice dishes, but completely disagree that they can't be made in small portions, or indeed quickly and easily. I can knock out a biryani that rivals a takeaways in under 30 mins (under 20 if I use pre cooked rice). Probably eat at least 2 one pot rice dishes a week

@Ortholith Could be paella you are thinking of mate, the crispy/burnt bit is a delicacy apparently

Just imagine the joy of presenting 'er indoors with a ring, 'Its a Cumberland what?'.
Thoughts of joyfully presenting ladies rings with sausages, strung together in a single sentence?

That's only a "F'nar f'nar" away from being in questionable taste!!!

And he's not from Cumberland, either.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Remember back a month or so ago, Inposted that I'd purchased from Aldi, a 28oz "bigger daddy" steak. Tonights the night it got cooked and eaten. We arrived back off holiday yesterday and shes out with a few friends tonight.
First pic - the packaging.
Second pic - in the pan cooking to a medium rare.
Third pic - on the plate with a bowl.of peppercorn sauce and salad.
I think I managed around 18oz before it got the better of me, I blame all of the salad!

Remember back a month or so ago, Inposted that I'd purchased from Aldi, a 28oz "bigger daddy" steak. Tonights the night it got cooked and eaten. We arrived back off holiday yesterday and shes out with a few friends tonight.
I think I managed around 18oz before it got the better of me, I blame all of the salad!
So: what will you do with the leftovers?

That single cherry tomato looks very lonely..

My I didn't cook shot of the day....taken yesterday..

Think that's 4.99 from the local Spoons..
Half of it will be cold. Half volcanically hot. A poisonous nightmare. To be enjoyed with alcoholics whaling Carling at 9 am. Wetherspoons is grim. Avoid them. Find a local cafe or pub and make friends.

That looks magnificent, although there’s definitely more room on that plate for more meat and less tomato!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
So: what will you do with the leftovers?
I cut the steak into strips, will mix with the leftover sauce and eat with rice.

Back from our travels. Tired and hungry, fortunately there was a pre-cooked chilli in the freezer.

20190719_180959_resized.jpg

A humble effort tonight as the current mrs_mush hasn't recovered from the stomach bug she picked up on our last days of travels

Cottage/shepherd's pie
20190720_183102_resized.jpg

I vaguely remember seeing something on a cookery travel programme, might have been Nigel Slater.

The idea was they cooked a massive amount of rice without stirring, then served it. The best bits were the crunchy brown rice on the edges and bottom of the pot. Same stuff?
There might be something in that, Ortholith. Quite rate NS as a cook, so might trawl.

Latest Threads