Tonight I cooked..........

Was this particular eclectic recipe inspired by Chef Offendi's cookbook 'Bugger, get the frying pan on, things are crawling out of the fridge' by any chance?

It will be a future classic according to the old bat in the Oxfam shop.
It was pretty much "what is left in the fridge"
There were 4 sausages but I ate one.

Breaded chicken fillets, garlic/onion mashed potato, sweated mushrooms and asparagus. Small glass of red:

IMG_8690.JPG

Mushroom/parmesan/garlic cream sauce:

IMG_1631.JPG

Small servings on account of having eaten and drunk for NATO for the last week :)

Breaded chicken fillets, garlic/onion mashed potato, sweated mushrooms and asparagus. Small glass of red:

View attachment 400784

Mushroom/parmesan/garlic cream sauce:

View attachment 400785

Small servings on account of having eaten and drunk for NATO for the last week :)
Flatten the fillet and pound in a placcie bag with a rolling pin to make a schnitzel. Spoon of mixed dried herbs in the breadcrumbs, heavy on the sage and thyme. Fries in a minute or two per side and stays moist and tender.

Severely lush on a burger roll as well, mit mayo, speck und kopfsalat/tomat.

Some crusty baguettes to have with dinner:

IMG_0563.JPG

You actually eat purple bag o shite plant?
Bit over the top mate, if its badly cooked and ends up soggy and slimy, then yes it can be grim.

If it is cooked correctly, especially in the Mediterranean fashion, such as chargrilled on a hot griddle with olive oil and herbs, or roasted, or charred over an open flame and the flesh scooped out and blended with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and herbs for baba ganoush then it can be superb.

Bit over the top mate, if its badly cooked and ends up soggy and slimy, then yes it can be grim.

If it is cooked correctly, especially in the Mediterranean fashion, such as chargrilled on a hot griddle with olive oil and herbs, or roasted, or charred over an open flame and the flesh scooped out and blended with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and herbs for baba ganoush then it can be superb.
I'm salivating

It won't be on my shopping list anytime ever it can stay on the shelf next to the cucumber.

Wor lad (16) supervised dinner tonight. Had a bit of guidance, but got there mostly on his own two feet. Grilled chicken tenders (BBQ and Buffalo), Spanish rice and salad. Glass of white for me.

IMG_9550.JPG