Tonight I cooked..........

Completely agree.

A bit of salt and black pepper - that's it, I want to taste the beef.

A blob of mustard on the side though - it's the law!
Black pepper? Pshaw! Piss weak stuff and close to tasteless. Good white pepper is far better.

As for steak, a wipe of oil, sprinkle of salt and a splash of Tabasco is all that's required before going on a searing hot grill for a minute or two per side.

I think you'll find that you've missed the boat on that one I'm afraid
You really are the oracle sir but in the absence of Ofendi I have a question.

Should I be thinking of getting my Christmas roasties on?

Black pepper? Pshaw! Piss weak stuff and close to tasteless. Good white pepper is far better.

As for steak, a wipe of oil, sprinkle of salt and a splash of Tabasco is all that's required before going on a searing hot grill for a minute or two per side.
Black and white pepper are from the same seed, white pepper is just the same as black but with the outer husk removed which makes it a bit hotter tasting.
What's the Difference Between Black and White Pepper? - Chowhound

I think you'll find that you've missed the boat on that one I'm afraid
Unless beefer's thinking of Christmas 2020 where sprouts are concerned.

Where has he got to btw
While we're on that, what did he actually say about brown rice and factories? I never did work out the detail behind that one.

I know some say marrow is tasteless, but I love it. :)

Part steamed then baked, with Jersey royals and grilled lamb chops.

IMG_20190619_171952.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I never cooked it myself but bone marrow when grilled and in the bone, when done right is awesome!
Marrow (as referred to in Monty's post)
Marrow.jpg

Marrow as you think
marrow2.jpg

Roast lemon chicken with Cyprus spuds, braised fennel & carrots.

View attachment 399700
Question for you: Do you not peel/scrape your carrots?

The reason I ask is that many moon's ago at uni one of the Prof's was looking at how the level of bug killer, fertilisers and other chemicals applied to and around fruit and veggie's soak's in. His top tip was to make sure at least the top 3mm of surface was removed. And I recently read an article around the same thing where it stated that we absorb quite a few nasty chem's from fruit and veg. Fruit being one of the worst culprits as even washing has a problem removing insecticide due to the wax they spray onto fruit to make it look shiny an appealing (pun, sort of) - so they need extra washing.

Question for you: Do you not peel/scrape your carrots?
I generally don't bother peeling any veg unless I'm feeling posh. I'll dig the eyes out of potatoes but otherwise it gets a bit of a scrub and then eaten.

I do remember reading the levels of chemical pesticides used are higher in the US so that might be part of it (not directly related but the level of antibiotic use in the US meat farming industry is ******* horrific).

I generally don't bother peeling any veg unless I'm feeling posh. I'll dig the eyes out of potatoes but otherwise it gets a bit of a scrub and then eaten.

I do remember reading the levels of chemical pesticides used are higher in the US so that might be part of it (not directly related but the level of antibiotic use in the US meat farming industry is ******* horrific).
The original uni thing was up in Yorkshire.

The bit about giving fruit an extra polish is from the US. Yes they do use more in the way of chem's, they are in no way as well regulated here as in europe. As for what they try and pass off as organic, well it wouldn't even get a look in in europe.

The original uni thing was up in Yorkshire.
I'm sure fruit and veg do absorb some level of pesticides. However, I doubt that amount is enough to make any noticeable difference to health. It's definitely not enough of an impact to bother peeling every bit of veg.

Besides, if I want to make a lasting improvement to my health knocking booze on the head would do far more. Not sitting at a desk for the whole day would probably have a bigger impact.